What to do in Bendigo

theonetruechris

All depends what floats your boat. There's the Bendigo Woolen Mills if you're a knitter with an adjacent tram museum for the non knitters and there are tram rides (expensive!). There are a couple of second hand book shops (my DH says they're ok but the one that used to be best is now largely on line so not so good now) but if you're arriving through Campbell Creek there's a huge second hand bookshop which is very good.  The Cathedral is quite beautiful (lacks a little in comparison with British cathedrals) and you can walk around the lake in half an hour and have coffee in the restaurant at the town end. There's also the gold mine (long time since I've been in it). It's OK for an afternoon 

• 2 weeks later...

We're going up there next w/end for the art show- there is an exhibition Tudors to Windsors which sounds really good. It is a lovely city, probably the best regional Victorian one. If you go down Central Deborah mine they feed you down there with Cornish parties with apple one end and mince and carrots the other- very nice.