Help needed. Current 187 PR English.

Ukinoz

Afternoon guys. 

I have a few few questions and hope someone in the know or has experienced a similar issue may be able to help. 

I was trying for 4.5 years to get my PR here in Australia as I love it here. After 2 canceled visas $40,000 down the drain and a whole heap of issues I was finally granted in April of this year. 

Heres where the issues are. 

I have been working for the company for 2.5 years and in that time so so much has changed. We have been through 40 members of staff and it’s now an extremely difficult place to work. 

Unfortunately this has taken a big hit on my mental health and I have been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety due to work related issues. I have had nothing but broken promises and just been led down the garden path (Hence the 40 staff). 

I have submitted 2 cases of harassment towards a manager at work but never heard anything back. I see a phycologist every week, on Anti depressants and fighting so hard to be happy. 

I dont have it in me to walk out as I want to be here in Australia. I keep thinking it’s only 2 years post 187 and I’m free, but things are getting rapidly worse. 

As as previously mentioned my 187 was only granted 2 months ago but I’ve been at the company 2.5 years. Is there anything I can do to get out? My doctor and phycayatrist have basically told me that it’s all stress related through work. I have reports from them, stress leave sick notes and everything else documented.  I don’t want to loose my visa but also don’t want to put myself though anymore. 

Is there someone I can call? Is there anything I can do? In all honestly they are not breaking any laws but making my life hell. If I have to stay another 2 years I will but surly there’s something I can do? 

Any advise would be great. 

Thanks for reading this and hope to get to get something positive out of this post. 

It’s not good that you feel this way about your work, no one should be made to feel like that.
Was work this difficult before you applied for your 187, or only since then?
Who did you submit your grievances to? Were they in a position to deal with it? There are external parties who can mediate should you need it but it is usually a more amicable outcome if resolved internally.

The most important thing right now is your mental health and welfare, that has to be your priority.  I can completely understand your anxiety about your visa status but Australia does have rules and regulations on how employees are treated and your visa status is not affected by this.  I’m not an expert on either  visa or employment law but I do have a basic understanding that neither laws will tolerate exploitation and whilst I don’t know your circumstances I can say confidently that it is important you focus on your mental health and well-being for that will give you the strength to challenge the adversity you face, my thought are with you xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ukinoz, 

I have athe same problem like you, mine is mental bully and abuse by the employer. He threatened me to cancel my visa many times, after my visa got granted. 

I have spoken to Fair Work but they just suggested me calling Immigration. 

I understand your feeling that we don't want anything to effect our visa after how much effort we have put, but we are undergoing mentally breaking down and it could led to some major illness ( I have depression as well and am going to see doctor) 

So I also would like to know if there is any immigration agent who has dealt with athis situation before or someone had same issue and how you got out of it? 

Kind regards, 

Tina