Partner Visa Onshore - Not in Aus yet

FletcherFletcher

gbye grey ,

IMO very few situations are complex but just different circumstances . you  say yours was straightforward but have a child and hence might not be so . Why quote a case 

where someone is unmarried with a prospective bride in Russis as irrelevant if you had read my posts??

you were once unmarried and childless but now are not ! 

your sarcastic comment about me being genuine is infantile too. 

Somone's comment about a visa not being granted because of a minor genuine error is hard to believe . i wonder what the "error " was but 

again a point made to encourage use of an agent who is likley to make even more errors due  to work overload . 

thosr are my GENUINE observations . 

nemisis ,

you talk about UNUSUAL cases but mine would be far from unusual being an aussie with a foreign partner . If my partner was an aussie citizen 

or living permanently in OZ , she would not need a visa and that applies to everybody . no need to respond but please do not ASSUME a case is 

complex when nothing said to indicate that . good luck anyway 

skani,

fair point you make and of course statistics have to be looked at sceptically I guess. but most people use an agent because they can not 

be bothered to spend a pot of time reading all the requirements on government site and also like someone to hold their hand through 

the process . nothing wrong with that and some might not be used to paperwork and lack an education and unable to spell for example . 

Most applicants are simply a fiancee of partner of an aussie citizen and nothing complex about their situation . 

this  sums it up and it is made by a migration agent . many people not living permanently together until arrival in OZ simply 

because , almost by definition. they live in different countries until visa granted . Even for a PMV, a question is asked about WHY a couple

are not living togther if a genuine relationship,. Silly question in a way of course . 

5 – Long distance relationships can be hard to prove

Peter Michalopoulos believes long distance relationships, in which partners aren’t cohabiting, can be a challenge to provide evidence for.

“It’s important to explain that due to the nature of your relationship, you don’t have evidence of cohabitation, but you have other evidence that it is a genuine relationship,”  Michalopoulos says.

If you don’t have evidence of co-habitation, then it’s important to strengthen social and financial evidence, he adds. 

Tickets and bookings to show visits to each other and strong, detailed statements from family and friends, as well as an explanation of why you aren’t living together, will be important to verify a genuine relationship.

RECOMMENDED:

nemisis or anyone .

much emphasis on this thread about UNUSUAL cases which need an agent. can anyone give example of an unusual situation as 

I think that 99% of cases are just the usual  " man love woman " or "woman love man " and want to get visa to allow them to 

llive together in OZ .?? sometimes might be a child of course if aussie citizen had loved abroad with his partner and a returning resident 

It has nothing to do with the feelings partners have for each other. It is about meeting the criteria and evidencing it thoroughly. 

A usual situation would be two adults, living together in a defacto relationship for more than 12 months, with shared financial commitments and accounts, lots of evidence of cohabitation and sharing every aspect of their lives.

An unusual situation would be anything that differs from the above.

In the first scenario the couple could easily evidence meeting the criteria on their own, in the second scenario the couple would find it difficult to meet the criteria and would therefore risk a visa rejection. In those circumstances spending a couple of grand to avoid wasting over 7 grand might be considered money well spent on a migration agent

• Like 5

ok, forget about feelings or love as can live together anyway. you are saying that almost every case is UNUSUAL but I disagree as more often than not the man and 

woman would be living in different countries which is precisely why applocant applies for a visa to live in OZ . Even if you are right , suggesting an agent makes no 

sense as the agent could not change the situation and the text I sent above shows what an agent says is needed and it is covered on the government site anyway , It is 

just common sense and sets out what evidence is needed giving examples . An applicant can not not change the impossible and an agent can not either. 

The key word you use is "difficult" but not impossible using COMMON SENSE , If an applicant has a very low IQ and devoid of common sense , then maybe needs an agent 

and professional advice in everything in life . I am not practical and have to pay a plumber even to fix a dripping tap unfortunately . Someome not capable of doung a visa 

application could fix my tap easily ! ( smile ) 

and one can only give fiancial evidence which is possible such as joint bank accounts if country's law allows it , making a WIll with wifec as 

main beneficiary , second signature on debit and credit cards etc etc . A visa officer does not expect a man or woman to get diviorced and then become 

a fiancee just to beneft from easier conditions attached to a PMV ! hope not anyway . 

very  funny and I actually think you are not joking . if folk want to use an agent , it is their business but I resent being constantly advised to 

use an agent as if I was not aware agents existed in almost every walk of life . i prefer not to use an agent and have never had a problem 

doing own conveyancing in last 45 years when buying or selling property which IMO is slightly more complex than doing a visa application . 

But painting or anthing practical is beyond me and i pay somebody to do such tasks . Good luck to you too 

and I am not really brilliant on computers even though I need a laptop for derivatives trading . But I just seek help 

from my clever daughter in Perth if I have an "uploading " or other problem when doing the visa 

Respectfully - when you started the thread looking for advice, what were you hoping people would say/advise you?  You seem to have taken umbrage because the advice hasn't been what you've wanted to hear.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, barry said:

I have never seen such pessimism about prospects of an application succeeding ! 

Most of the "regulars" on these forums joined when they were going through the visa process.  We are still here because we have all become friends, so we enjoy chatting online.  In the process we also try to help newcomers who arrive asking for advice.

We're pessimistic because we've seen so many young couples come to these forums having been rejected even though their relationship sounds (to us, at least) perfectly genuine.   Very often, it's because they failed to understand how demanding Immigration now is, and what a ridiculous amount of evidence they require before deigning to grant a visa.   I have a close friend who is still struggling to bring her (genuine) husband to Australia, in circumstances which sound not dissimilar to yours.

If your relationship were straightforward (already living together for some years, either married or de facto), I would not be urging you to use an agent and neither would anyone else.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, barry said:

much emphasis on this thread about UNUSUAL cases which need an agent. can anyone give example of an unusual situation as 

I think that 99% of cases are just the usual  " man love woman " or "woman love man " and want to get visa to allow them to 

llive together in OZ .?? 

I feel you're being deliberately obtuse, Barry.   In 99% of cases where "man loves woman" or "woman loves man",  the couple have met and dated for a considerable period while living in the same country, and even in the same town.    That applies just as much to Australian citizens and their foreign partner as to anyone else - most couples meet while the Australian was working in a foreign country, and the Australian partner usually chooses to remain in that country rather than leave their partner, until a partner visa can be obtained.   If they met while the foreign partner was in Australia on a temporary visa, then they simply apply for a bridging visa to allow the partner to remain while the partner visa is considered.

That is usual.  Relationships where the two partners are in different countries are NOT the norm.   

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2

As an aussie citizen living in UK with a future wife who lives in Russia , trying ton comply with the undermentioned is almost impossible...

Could this be a major prioblem ....   Hoping someone will kindly comment 

To get back to your original query (above).   Many of us have kindly commented:  yes, it could be a major problem.  Consequently we (none of us agents) recommend seeking assistance from a registered migration agent.  If you do not wish to do this, you are quite free to lodge the application on your own without delay.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, barry said:

. A visa officer does not expect a man or woman to get diviorced and then become 

a fiancee just to beneft from easier conditions attached to a PMV ! hope not anyway . 

Well actually, now that you mention it.....you can search on the forums, there was a case recently where someone had married their partner before applying for a visa, thinking it would make life easier, and then found that the evidence required for a partner visa was far more onerous than for the PMV, so he had made life more difficult for himself.  So I suggest you research that.

If you are a genuine poster I wish you luck with your application, I hope you get the outcome you're looking for. I am not convinced you are genuine though as your replies seem unnecessarily abrasive and designed to get a rise out of others.

• Like 3

Marisa ,

you are just repeating the samw words you said earlier in response to my comment on visa offocer and of course 

still pishing me and others towards migration agents . Everyv response suggests using an agent without exception 

which speaks volumes . Even with PMVs , the couple have not known each other for ages and the length of a realtionship 

in a married situation does not mean it is a more genuine relationship obviously . If it did , why so many divorces ! 

I think that , whatever question I asked on this thread ,.would be answerdd by suggesting a migration agent ! Eg, is the whole process 

now done electronically or still necessary to post something to Immigration . I of course know the answer !

i note the migration chooses years which suit his agenda . is he saying that stats I gave and from a sound source are doctored or lies .

statistics, dam statistics as the expression goes ! ( smile ) . The stats on failed appeals include refugees and other categories and I think 

an appeal against decision on an OFFSHORE partner visa applications is not allowed but I might be wrong . 

as my highly intelligent daughter said " of course an agent will give many reasons why using him or her increases the chance of a 

successful outcome as it is his living but it is hardly an independant view " . i gave a few reasons in earlier post reasons why 

some people might wish to use an agent and good luck to them. I never use agents and always do own conveyancing saving myself 

many thousands of dollars over the years . An agent is just as likely or more likely to make an error as an applicant and , according to 

one post , a small inadvertant error can lead to a refusal - I seriously doubt that ! If so , even more vital to do the whole job yourself 

chaecking and re-checking every entry which an agent would not  of course have time to do if he or she had a busy workload . 

where an agent might be useful is to give advice or his opinion  on a matter which applicant wants a seciond opinion  paying for time agent spends 

on the matter . 

macgyver- cheap shot and what are you on about talking about a person being genuine ?!! your comment was childish and are you 

a genuine human being or from  Mars ? ( smile ). fancy bringing the word "genuine" into it and what is your MOTIVE for your insulting 

comment ? my replies are not abrasive and just saying what I think on matters and it is called " freedom of expression " . Maybe you are 

a brexiter and like Putin's managed democracy as some brexiters do ! ( smile ) . 

marisawright ,

so what thread was it on and was it on this site please ? I would be interested to read about it and I assume he still got his or her visa after a lot of hassle . thanking you 

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Well actually, now that you mention it.....you can search on the forums, there was a case recently where someone had married their partner before applying for a visa, thinking it would make life easier, and then found that the evidence required for a partner visa was far more onerous than for the PMV, so he had made life more difficult for himself.  So I suggest you research that.

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Most of the "regulars" on these forums joined when they were going through the visa process.  We are still here because we have all become friends, so we enjoy chatting online.  In the process we also try to help newcomers who arrive asking for advice.

We're pessimistic because we've seen so many young couples come to these forums having been rejected even though their relationship sounds (to us, at least) perfectly genuine.   Very often, it's because they failed to understand how demanding Immigration now is, and what a ridiculous amount of evidence they require before deigning to grant a visa.   I have a close friend who is still struggling to bring her (genuine) husband to Australia, in circumstances which sound not dissimilar to yours.

If your relationship were straightforward (already living together for some years, either married or de facto), I would not be urging you to use an agent and neither would anyone else.  

re. your final p[ara , even the governmemt site states it is whethe a realtionship is genuine and not just the time a couple have lived together . An old man could 

marry a very young woman and live together for years . the officer would still be suspicious in that situation and earlier posts  talked about mail order 

brides which is obvious and no contribution to the debate but just being passimistic . One would think that only 10% of partner applications succeeded anD 

it is probably nearer 90 % . be positive and honest with immigration and success likely PLUS being very thorough .