Help! 189, 190 or 489

Hi all, 

so I am a nurse with 65 points. Tried 189 first but until now haven’t received invitation after submitting EOI last march, I read here that it is very unlikely for me to get invitation with only 65 points. Wanted to try 190 but I don’t have big money on my account and I don’t have job offer as employers are not keen on shortlisting candidates without valid work visa. Anyone of you who has any suggestions please? Greatly appreciated! Thank you

3 hours ago, Nikkigel said:

Hi all, 

so I am a nurse with 65 points. Tried 189 first but until now haven’t received invitation after submitting EOI last march, I read here that it is very unlikely for me to get invitation with only 65 points. Wanted to try 190 but I don’t have big money on my account and I don’t have job offer as employers are not keen on shortlisting candidates without valid work visa. Anyone of you who has any suggestions please? Greatly appreciated! Thank you

Hi Nikkigel, 

Yes it's true, it's almost impossible to get 189 with 65 points at this time. What is your ANZSCO code?

I'd go for 190 if you can. You'd have to have the offer of employment only if you wanted to migrate between the states (eg NSW to VIC). Are you currently living in Australia or overseas? If applying from overseas you mostly don't need the job offer. With the money on your account, it's not that bad, for VIC it was $25k I think and no one has asked for it so far. 

Hope this helps x

3 hours ago, Martina said:

I'd go for 190 if you can. You'd have to have the offer of employment only if you wanted to migrate between the states ....If applying from overseas you mostly don't need the job offer. 

It's true that you MOSTLY don't need a job offer, but some states do.  You need to check the state websites carefully.  

7 hours ago, Nikkigel said:

Hi all, 

so I am a nurse with 65 points... I read here that it is very unlikely for me to get invitation with only 65 points. Wanted to try 190....

No one is getting invited with 65 points so you're right to give up on the 189.  

If you're a nurse, you'll need to get your registration sorted before applying for a 190.   We had someone recently who applied for a 190 and got invited very quickly, but they gave her three months to provide proof of registration. It takes a lot longer than that to get registered, so she lost the invite.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nikkigel said:

Hi all, 

Hi, you could go to this link to check the States that would nominate your occupation: https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/. And then you go to those States website to have more detailed requirements.

11 hours ago, lamngoc said:

Hi, you could go to this link to check the States that would nominate your occupation: https://www.anzscosearch.com/search/. And then you go to those States website to have more detailed requirements.

Be very careful of relying on this. It does not replace each state's website as it is often many months out of date.