Accountancy Positions

Guest basiltherat

Guest basiltherat

Hi

We are just going through the start of visa submitting under SIR. We are open to where we go as long as there is work. We have heard that Brisbane is not the best place to go if you are in accountancy. Is this correct.

We would prefer to go to the Queensland area but only with good possibilities of work.

Regards

Steve and Heather

dont look at the JOB look at life style, sure u can live in sydney earn 120k /yr pay 600 a week rent , sit in 1 hr of traffic to get 15 klm down the road OR live in Brisbane earn 100k /yr pay 400 a week in rent sit in 20 mins of traffic or drive 1 hr and be at the gold coast looking at the waves roll in , so whats it going to be live to work or work to live???

• 3 weeks later...
sure u can live in sydney earn 120k /yr pay 600 a week rent , sit in 1 hr of traffic to get 15 klm down the road

just so you're aware though, my mgmt acct hubby earns around 100k base (more than he earned in london), we pay $350 a week rent (2 bed 2 bath) to live on lower north shore, and it takes him 15 minutes on the bus to get to work in North Sydney. It takes me about half an hour (walk + train) to get to the city. They are crying out for good accountants here. Well screaming it seems. It doesnt have to be stressful, although I'm sure its great in Brisbane. I really loved Brisbane when we visited - the temperature's just a bit too much for us though. I can't comment on accountancy job availabity in Qld so sorry about that!

• 6 months later...
Guest Brendan

Hi all

Interested to read your thoughts on the availabilty of (half) decent accounatncy positions, especially in the Brisbane / gold coast area.

I am currently a management accountant with a holidau company in the UK and would prefer to work in the hol industry in Oz but will consider other positions.

B

Archived