Children’s visa

Lucie1

The points are changing in November so would the lads qualify for 10points just for being single? Also if they got top Mark's in the English test that would place them on 30points already.

Factor in the points for there age and the points for there apprenticeships then I'd have thought that they wouldn't be far off without even looking at work experience.

Not sure if you get more points for the HND compared to the the apprenticeship also.

The points are changing in November so would the lads qualify for 10points just for being single? Also if they got top Mark's in the English test that would place them on 30points already.
Factor in the points for there age and the points for there apprenticeships then I'd have thought that they wouldn't be far off without even looking at work experience.
Not sure if you get more points for the HND compared to the the apprenticeship also.

Hi Lavers, thank you very much that’s really useful and yeah you maybe right

2 hours ago, Lucie1 said:

Hi Lavers, thank you very much that’s really useful and yeah you maybe right

Without the experience (having only just qualified), they probably wouldn't yet pass the skills assessment.  It might be worth them looking up what the skills assessments entail and how much experience they'll need to pass

Without the experience (having only just qualified), they probably wouldn't yet pass the skills assessment.  It might be worth them looking up what the skills assessments entail and how much experience they'll need to pass

Definitely well with them doing that thank you

12 hours ago, Lavers said:

But the bottom line is that they need that work experience, there's no way around it. 

If they are in trades then they probably can't get that work experience by coming to Australia on a WHV, because they won't be licensed to work in Australia and it will take time to get that sorted, meaning they won't get the full year in.  And they will also have to take time off to work regionally in order to get a second year. That's why I said they'd be better off sticking in their current jobs and getting the work experience over and done faster.

Edited by Marisawright

13 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

But the bottom line is that they need that work experience, there's no way around it. 

If they are in trades then they probably can't get that work experience by coming to Australia on a WHV, because they won't be licensed to work in Australia and it will take time to get that sorted, meaning they won't get the full year in.  And they will also have to take time off to work regionally in order to get a second year. That's why I said they'd be better off sticking in their current jobs and getting the work experience over and done faster.

Sorry I should have added that it would still take a few years to get it all sorted.

What I really meant was that at least they wont have to be looking at the full work experience to claim maximum points for it like I did.

Sorry I should have added that it would still take a few years to get it all sorted.
What I really meant was that at least they wont have to be looking at the full work experience to claim maximum points for it like I did.

Definitely I’m really grateful for any advice