Activating partner 100 visa

Ashleyb81

Hi

I have just been granted a partner 100 visa for entry by 17th October 2019. Issue is we are getting married in November and unlikely to be able to move until early 2020 permenantely.

To activate this visa does my partner who is my sponsor need to travel with me? Can I travel on my own with my newborn and visit for a few days and return to the Uk to get married and finalise home sale before we move for good?

Thanks in advance.

Can you go now before the baby? There and back, you don’t  need to stay. Probably running it a bit close. Or could you leave the baby for a few days at 2 months? Personally I wouldn’t be opting to take a 2 month baby alone for a flying visit. I did it with a 12 week old for a 2 month visit and it was ok but not something I’d recommend to the faint hearted.

11 hours ago, Ashleyb81 said:

That's great thanks. My first daughter is a citizen also so I can leave them both at home. I guess I will just need a holiday visa for the baby unless I can sort citizenship after they are born at the end of july. 

Won’t the baby be an Australian citizen too? If so, Australian citizens have to enter on an Australian passport, it’s written into the law I think? In this instance the baby won’t be able to get a visa as a citizen. 

26 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Won’t the baby be an Australian citizen too? If so, Australian citizens have to enter on an Australian passport, it’s written into the law I think? In this instance the baby won’t be able to get a visa as a citizen. 

The baby has to be registered before it becomes an Australian citizen but once it is registered then it will need a passport but until it's registered it isn't a citizen and can get a visitor visa.

• Thanks 1

My pregnancy is high risk so I am doubtful that my consultant will sign me off to travel now 😫.

We have to apply for the baby to be a citizen with documentation so it would depend how long it takes to come through. The more I think about it I am just not keen to travel with such a young child alone but wanted to feed the baby myself so feel torn to leave it.

If waiving the IED isn't an option I will have to go by then I guess. I had thought my partner as my sponsor would have had to come with me to activate as he is currently in the UK.

If the baby will be born in the UK how will it get Australian citizenship? Assume father is a citizen?   I’d leave baby at home, do the non stop to Perth and back and express a bit of milk for a few days. Baby won’t forget how to nurse in that short time and your supply won’t dry up either 

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashleyb81 said:

It will get citizenship by decent through my partner, baby's father. I think that will be my best option and hope baby won't refuse breast feeding on my return.

Do you have breast feeding support in your area? Maybe contact them for a plan of action. It’s not ideal but you gotta do what you gotta do! Hopefully you’ll be well established with your feeding prior to flying and if you keep pumping whilst away your supply shouldn’t suffer too much. Might be an idea to make sure baby takes a bottle prior to you leaving just so you know they are happy to feed from one in your absence and if they will move between boob and bottle all the better for reestablishing feeding when you get back.

Good luck!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashleyb81 said:

It will get citizenship by decent through my partner, baby's father. I think that will be my best option and hope baby won't refuse breast feeding on my return.

Not after a few days I’m sure

• Like 1