You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

unzippy

Cricket World Cup 2019

So this long winded circus is still going on..... No wonder people get board and fall asleep to it..... So dragged out........!!!

Only for Australia Sadly
  • Haha 1

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

58 minutes ago, tonyman said:

So this long winded circus is still going on..... No wonder people get board and fall asleep to it..... So dragged out........!!!

I think it's the format - would have been better having group stages and more sudden death rounds.

Disappointed with the result, but Carey was a bit of a legend - he must have been in so much pain.  Hoping the Kiwi's win the final.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

1 hour ago, ali said:

I think it's the format - would have been better having group stages and more sudden death rounds.

Disappointed with the result, but Carey was a bit of a legend - he must have been in so much pain.  Hoping the Kiwi's win the final.

Never realised that you were Australian. I always thought you were a Brit! That’s the funny thing about PIO, it’s easy to lazily assume that it’s only Brits who frequent the site, but there’s probably loads of Australians and other nationalities who contribute!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

Never realised that you were Australian. I always thought you were a Brit! That’s the funny thing about PIO, it’s easy to lazily assume that it’s only Brits who frequent the site, but there’s probably loads of Australians and other nationalities who contribute!

1 hour ago, ali said:

Hoping the Kiwi's win the final.

Why not your mother country?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Parley said:

If you follow Australia then New Zealand should be 2nd pick.

They are our little brother.

Yep, great people the Kiwis.Self-effacing, modest and very friendly. Was fortunate enough to travel around NZ during my travelling days in my 20’s and made some lifelong friends in the process. Can absolutely see why it’s referred to as ‘God’s country’ as it’s an absolutely stunning country.

Still hope we beat them though!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

Yep, great people the Kiwis.Self-effacing, modest and very friendly. Was fortunate enough to travel around NZ during my travelling days in my 20’s and made some lifelong friends in the process. Can absolutely see why it’s referred to as ‘God’s country’ as it’s an absolutely stunning country.

I agree. I found the Kiwi's and the Melbournites the only ones I could get on with during my time there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

Beautiful Country. Like England with no people.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, simmo said:

Why not your mother country?

I only really got into cricket when coming to live here in Aus and started going to watch.  I've developed a bit of a soft spot for the Kiwi's

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

9 hours ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

As my daughter say's we're British born Australians.  Been a citizen for 10 years, my children have spent more than half their lives here.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, simmo said:

I agree. I found the Kiwi's and the Melbournites the only ones I could get on with during my time there.

How long did you last?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Nonsense.  They came in with a bit of form.

Rubbish.  They also lost three players in the last week.  

11 hours ago, simmo said:

That's like me saying I only got on with folk from Glasgow and Ireland.  There are so many lovely people here but obviously you never came across them.  😉

24 minutes ago, Toots said:

That's like me saying I only got on with folk from Glasgow and Ireland.  There are so many lovely people here but obviously you never came across them.  😉

Ex Melburnians probably.

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I'm sure there are. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, unzippy said:

How long did you last?

Just over a week.

• Congratulations 1

6 hours ago, Bulya said:

Rubbish.  They also lost three players in the last week.  

Only Khawaja would have played.  Unlikely that made the difference on the day if you were honest.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

11 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Only Khawaja would have played.  Unlikely that made the difference on the day if you were honest.

And Shaun Marsh (broken forearm).  

On 10/07/2019 at 14:56, Bulya said:

IMG-20190713-WA0000.jpg

• Haha 3

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

20 hours ago, tonyman said:

Its a great game mate......it does have its dull moments I agree but as a whole in all formats its a great game.....I go occasionally to Lords and watch England playing Test matches.....had some great days out with my boys.....champagne.....beers.....fish and chips and loads of banter in the stands with everyone else......even the fielders get dragged in occasionally.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

IMG-20190713-WA0000.jpg

But the Aussie women are thrashing the Poms in the Ashes.

They won all the 3 ODIs and in the last match bowled England out for 75.

I'm sure the Women's game is just as important as the men's isn't it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

I posted for weeks that the British Commonwealth team would win the WC.  I think I’m safe 

11 hours ago, ali said:

As my daughter say's we're British born Australians.  Been a citizen for 10 years, my children have spent more than half their lives here.  

The Australian first English second I can understand but NZ? Is it similar to the Jocks with their "anyone but England" thing?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Parley said:

But the Aussie women are thrashing the Poms in the Ashes.

They won all the 3 ODIs and in the last match bowled England out for 75.

I'm sure the Women's game is just as important as the men's isn't it ?

Try and keep on topic old bean, CWC not Ashes...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kungfustu said:

Its a great game mate......it does have its dull moments I agree but as a whole in all formats its a great game.....I go occasionally to Lords and watch England playing Test matches.....had some great days out with my boys.....champagne.....beers.....fish and chips and loads of banter in the stands with everyone else......even the fielders get dragged in occasionally.

And the singing mate 

If england get on top tomorrow - the place will be bouncing .

I dont follow cricket - but that Jason Roy has got some swagger hasn't he .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE