You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Thukten2018

Victoria 190

Do I need a secured job offer in Victoria to be eligible to apply for VIC 190? Please help. 

Have you been on the Victoria immigration website to check any conditions that apply? 

Yes, we need to have either employment offer (for my occupational group) or PhD. 😞 But i have seen people saying that they were able to apply for VIC190 without valid job offer, so i was just making sure.

Believe you only need a job offer if applying from another state.  If offshore you dont.

If the Vic web site says you need a job offer for your occupation. You need a job offer. Vic is one of the state's that chooses to offer sponsorship to occupations that are not in real demand, but instead of removing from their list, applies requirements. 

13 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

If the Vic web site says you need a job offer for your occupation. You need a job offer. Vic is one of the state's that chooses to offer sponsorship to occupations that are not in real demand, but instead of removing from their list, applies requirements. 

oh no!

5 hours ago, Thukten2018 said:

oh thats sad 😞 why that extra criteria for onshore applicants?

It's to stop people using VIC to gain sponsorship and then just going to work somewhere else anyway. They want to see you are committed enough to moving from your current Australian address that you have already sourced a job.

On 30/05/2019 at 21:11, Ausvisitor said:

It's to stop people using VIC to gain sponsorship and then just going to work somewhere else anyway. They want to see you are committed enough to moving from your current Australian address that you have already sourced a job.

Thank for your time and feedback.