Training Benchmarks or Skilling Australia Fund (SAF) Please help!!

Tyler

I have a question for this new Skilling Australia Fund policy. My question is For sc457 sponsors, do they need to continue fulfilling the Training Benchmark obligations if they are still employing 457 visa holders. What if the 457 visa holder has lodged the 186TRT after 12 August 2018. How long do they need to continue this obligation?

Is that means we need to pay both Training fee and SAF $3000 as well?

Are you an employer asking?

I would seek professional advice from a registered migration agent. 

This is on home affairs incase there is anything here relevant to your query.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/learn-about-sponsoring/cost-of-sponsoring

Also, just incase you weren’t aware, the 457 no longer exists, it has been replaced. 

Edited by Wonderingaloud
To add link

I am 457 holder and my migration agent told me that i need to pay both. Training fee+SAF Levy. What i find in Home affairs website is 

The training benchmarks will no longer apply from 12 August 2018.

For the ENS visa, the training benchmarks will only apply to nomination applications lodged before 12 August 2018.

So that means i only need to pay SAF Levy, Is that correct?

Absolutely not! You shouldn’t be paying either! This is for the employer to pay and is illegal to ask you to. This is detailed on the home affairs website link above. I would get another migration agent to work in your best interests, they are obviously corrupt. Do they work for your employer?

12 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Sorry for the confuse, i mean my migration agent told me that my employer need to pay both Training fee+SAF Levy not me.  But my employer confuse why he need to pay both.

Hmmm why are you asking then?

It doesn’t have anything to do with you, your employer should speak with their migration agent to find out. Unless of course they are accepting payment to sponsor you. Which is highly illegal. 

In fact it is not. My Boss just confuse by the policy keeping changing every year. He would thing i mind know some thing and discuss with me. However, i have try to ask some migration agent, they all have different answer, if someone can explain on this problem that would be help.

• 4 weeks later...

*       training Benchmarks still apply to all sc457 Sponsors who have or had sc457 visa holders working for them.

*       the Skilling Australia Fund (SAF) Levy applies to only new nominations made after 12th August 2018 on sc482, sc186 and sc187 visas.

*       Sc457 sponsor companies who wish to nominate workers on sc482 and sc186/ 187 visas will need to provide evidence of having met their Training Benchmark obligations.