Attach photo HELP

Hi all, 

I'm finishing my application for 190 visa. I'm so confused about uploading the passport photo. 

First of all, no specific information about size of the photo is given - is it an Australian passport photo dimensions or what? 

Second of all, I have a digital photo which I wanted to upload. However, according to home affairs website, they want me to have it printed out and then scan it with signed back. This will lower the quality of the photo and I cannot see why they want it this way? Further, if I do it this way, I have no idea how to scan it if scanning the photo in the middle is not acceptable based on their website. 

I so want to attach my digital photo but not sure whether they'd accept it? 

How did you do it? Please help me!!! 

4 hours ago, Martina said:

Hi all, 

I'm finishing my application for 190 visa. I'm so confused about uploading the passport photo. 

First of all, no specific information about size of the photo is given - is it an Australian passport photo dimensions or what? 

Second of all, I have a digital photo which I wanted to upload. However, according to home affairs website, they want me to have it printed out and then scan it with signed back. This will lower the quality of the photo and I cannot see why they want it this way? Further, if I do it this way, I have no idea how to scan it if scanning the photo in the middle is not acceptable based on their website. 

I so want to attach my digital photo but not sure whether they'd accept it? 

How did you do it? Please help me!!! 

You can go to camera house or Post office and ask them for digital Australian passport picture . They will email you the pictures on the spot. No need to sign the photo, i got 3 different  Australian Visas this way including 190

Edited by garrychandi

6 hours ago, rammygirl said:

I got a real photo, got it signed on the back then did a scan of both sides. Old school but in the end less hassle.

Hi rammygirl, 

Can I ask how did you scan the photo since they say on their website I can't place it in the corner or the side or in the middle of the scanner? 

5 hours ago, garrychandi said:

You can go to camera house or Post office and ask them for digital Australian passport picture . They will email you the pictures on the spot. No need to sign the photo, i got 3 different  Australian Visas this way including 190

Thank you Garry, 

I already have the digital photo which I wanted to upload but then saw their requirements on the website and couldn't believe my eyes. 

It obviously makes more sense to upload the digital one like I did with my skill assessment. If you were ok doing this I hope I'll be fine too ha ha 

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetBlast said:

I got someone to take a photo of me on my smartphone. I then cropped and resized the photo to a size of 35 x 45mm.

Hi JetBlast, 

So did you send the digital photo or did you print it out, sign it and scan it? 

That was actually the question 🙂

Edited by Martina

36 minutes ago, Martina said:

For all of you wondering where I found the info about photo requirements...

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-text/eplus/Pages/elp-h1470.aspx

same information can also be find on various websites such as this one:

https://www.am22tech.com/australia-visa-photo/

Hi Martina

They are instructions for a citizenship application not your Visa application.

I just checked my immi account where I submitted my docs, for the photo it just says standard passport photo on a white back ground of your head and shoulders. Also print the name of the person in the photo on the back.

7 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Hi Martina

They are instructions for a citizenship application not your Visa application.

I just checked my immi account where I submitted my docs, for the photo it just says standard passport photo on a white back ground of your head and shoulders. Also print the name of the person in the photo on the back.

Hey Lavers, 

These are requirements for citizenship AND visas. 

What you're writing about is literally what is says on the website and the whole point why I was asking for an advice. It seems stupid to scan a signed passport photo and lower the quality of the photo dramatically when I can just upload a digital form.

That's what we are discussing here. 

34 minutes ago, Martina said:

Hey Lavers, 

These are requirements for citizenship AND visas. 

What you're writing about is literally what is says on the website and the whole point why I was asking for an advice. It seems stupid to scan a signed passport photo and lower the quality of the photo dramatically when I can just upload a digital form.

That's what we are discussing here. 

Ok Martina keep your knickers on.

The link you sent from immi only mentions photos on form 1195 which is for citizenship. 

When on my application I pressed the question mark next to the photo part and it gave the instructions which I posted above....show it does show what they require.

It doesn't mention that it cant be a digital copy so as long as it's still what they want then I wouldn't have thought it was a problem.

Seeing as jet blast did it digitally then it isn't a problem.

Also the other link talks about your photo having someone else signing it to declare that it is you in the photo, only in your application for a 190visa it only asks for you to print the name of the person in the photo on the back not to do a declaration. So the information on the site isn't correct.

Edited by Lavers
  • Haha 1

Yes the photos for your visa do not need countersigning, the ones for citizenship do.  The last bit about photos is specifically about a citizenship form, that is the last one I did, that form also has to be completed by a referee.

that form is then taken to the citizenship test/interview to be sighted by the person processing it.  Not the same as for a visa.

Dont sweat just upload a digital photo and name the file with the persons name.  It is simply so they can identify which photo is which applicant.

Edited by rammygirl
  • Thanks 1