Pathway to PR / Skilled VISA

Fabs

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the right forum, so apologies if not.

I am making this post to gather information about my current options to continue staying in Australia.

About myself and my Visa situation:
-I am a German citizen and moved to Brisbane for my postgraduate studies
-Feb 2017 commenced a Master degree at the University of Queensland (student visa 500 valid until August 2018)
-January 2018 started working as an Analyst in a Brisbane based IT-company
-June 2018 studied for 1.5 years and graduated from UQ (Master of International Economics and Finance)
-August 2018 left Australia for a visa run
-September 2018 returned to Australia on a Working Holiday Visa (Visa 417)
-continued working as an Analyst until now

So currently I am on a Working Holiday Visa (Visa 417) which is about to expire end of September 2019.
My Master degree from UQ did not grant me to apply for the (485 Visa) as my degree was only 1.5 years.
The minimum study load requirement for the 485 Visa are 2 years of full-time study.
This is why I decided to return on a Working Holiday Visa which allowed me to stay for one more year.
My current job role is "Business Analyst/System Administrator". My employer is willing to sponsor me.
We are currently looking into potential options to extend my visa conditions in Australia and potentially even get me on a PR.

I just recently read that economics got added to the migration list. As I graduated with an economics degree, I hope that this opens additional opportunites for me.
So currently I consider the following options for my PR:
1. Sposnorship through my current job as an Analyst
2. Continue studying for one more semester to be eligible for the 485 Visa

For the latter I would like to know if I would ahve to complete an entire degree again, or if I could simply study for one more semester at AQF level 9 without graduating.
Just to obtain the 2 years of requried full-time study load.

Please help me to elaborate the best option in my case.
I am happy to even consult with local migration agents or lawyers.
But I had bad experience with expensive consultation meetings last year. None of my 4 agents even considered my solution of leaving the country to return on a Working Holiday Visa. So I ended up paying consultation fees just to beeing told I could not stay any longer.

Thanks
Fabian

Hi Fabian 

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place!

There are a number of reputable Mara registered agents who post on this site. I would definetly have a chat with one of them to determine your options. 

Raul Senise, Wrussel, Alan Collet and Paul Hand are the ones that come to mind. Hopefully somebody can tag them as I’m not sure how to do that!

Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Fabian,

Your case may be less straightforward than others so it would be best to have a consultation with one of the mentioned agents to identify the best strategy for you.

Mine was a relatively simple apply / grant offshore but I still found considerable value in having my documents reviewed by a MARA agent prior to submission.

Good luck!

Hi all,

Need some info on PR. Am currently residing in India, and trying for an Australian PR. Next month is my PTE exam. 

I have an experience in IT as a Test engineer of about 7 years. Would you help me in suggesting which visa can i apply for once i get a band 8 in PTE/IELTS. Also have a friend working in Hobart. How far will this be helpful.