register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

A&L

In need of advice regarding region 190/489

Hi

We have lodged an eoi for Victoria for a 190 as after many hours of research and thought Victoria (regional in particular) really seems to suit us as a family but and its a big but husband only has 65 points with ss and his profession is 2631 also he's 45 in 15 months.  Now for our dilemma as much as we love Victoria we don't know if we shouldn't also apply for nsw under 489/190 as we can always move to victoria eventually but I've read doing this can go against you with regards to Victoria.  Obviously time isn't on our side and now weve decided we want to move we're a bit lost on what to do.

Any thoughts appreciated.....

I've read that Victoria won't invite you if you've also applied to another state.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I've read that Victoria won't invite you if you've also applied to another state.

Indeed. I know someone who applied to both Victoria and South Australia. Victoria rejected him for that reason.

Thanks for the replies I guess we will have to keep it to  Victoria and keep everything x... really sad we didn't do it a year ago as we'd be there now 😥

Hi,

I understand that if one select both Vic and other State in 1 EOI, Vic will reject like our forum members mentioned ealier. But if you make multiple EOI, each EOI for 1 State only, how could Vic know you also apply to other State? I learnt somewhere that only State mentioned in EOI could access that EOI.

Given your situation I would think you might want to maximize your chance, and spend a little bit more time checking if it's really a must to only restrict to Vic. You may want to check the current trend/points needed to secure invitation from Vic or NSW for better consideration.

Edited by lamngoc

6 hours ago, lamngoc said:

Hi,

I understand that if one select both Vic and other State in 1 EOI, Vic will reject like our forum members mentioned ealier. But if you make multiple EOI, each EOI for 1 State only, how could Vic know you also apply to other State? I learnt somewhere that only State mentioned in EOI could access that EOI.

Given your situation I would think you might want to maximize your chance, and spend a little bit more time checking if it's really a must to only restrict to Vic. You may want to check the current trend/points needed to secure invitation from Vic or NSW for better 

OK, that's interesting to know I will definitely look into that, thank you..

8 hours ago, A&L said:

OK, that's interesting to know I will definitely look into that, thank you..

Yes mate, you can apply two different EOI's as different preferred state. One of my friend was waiting for NSW, so i advise her to apply for Victoria as well and 3 weeks later she had invite from Victoria

Citizenship Applied - 21/05/20, Application - Received , Council - Randwick

VetAssess Applied - 10/06/18, Positive Skill Assessment -  15/10/18 EOI NSW  190 - 23/10/18, Invitation -  15/11/18, Nomination Applied - 19/11/18,   Nomination Approved- 20/11/18, Visa Lodged - 27/11/18, Health exam - 19/12/18, Grant - 21/05/19

1 hour ago, garrychandi said:

Yes mate, you can apply two different EOI's as different preferred state. One of my friend was waiting for NSW, so i advise her to apply for Victoria as well and 3 weeks later she had invite from Victoria

My only worry with this is surely you have to declare if you have any other eoi's lodged? Also an invite doesn't mean a Visa I've read people getting invited and then being refused due to not committing...

18 minutes ago, A&L said:

My only worry with this is surely you have to declare if you have any other eoi's lodged? Also an invite doesn't mean a Visa I've read people getting invited and then being refused due to not committing...

Yes, you’re relying on Victoria not checking and I’d say that’s risky 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke