University lecturer skills assessment

KG80

I am a UK qualified solicitor ( qualifying in 2005) and have been working as a university lecturer since 2010. I am looking to apply for a skills assessment but wanted to know if research is essential for this occupation.  I work at a University that is focused on teaching and therefore the TEF rather the research. having looked at the ANZCO code and the tasks, I comply with all save for research?

Many thanks in advance for any help or guidance

Based on that PDF it sounds like the poster may well qualify under the term university tutor but is not what ANZSCO consider to be a lecturer.

It sounds a little like the "blurred line" between chef and cook 

To the poster, don't get hung up on the ANZSCO title - once you have a visa you generally aren't restricted to just the job you emigrated as, you can usually get employment in any role

Although unis here are a bit sniffy with non academic people.  Some are getting round to the idea that people with real life experience are a good thing for vocational subjects, but don’t expect to walk into a lecturer role in a uni easily. 

49 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Based on that PDF it sounds like the poster may well qualify under the term university tutor but is not what ANZSCO consider to be a lecturer.

It sounds a little like the "blurred line" between chef and cook 

To the poster, don't get hung up on the ANZSCO title - once you have a visa you generally aren't restricted to just the job you emigrated as, you can usually get employment in any role

Just to clarify when I said "usually get employment" I didn't mean it was a given that you would get the job, just that emigrating on one ANZSCO code does not preclude you from working in another position instead

• 3 months later...