Visa 887 Application enquires

Mohager

Hi All

I have granted visa 489 since July 2016, I have moved to Australia in November 2017 and now preparing to apply for 887 in Nov 2019, I am planning  to do lodgment by myself, so guys I need your help:

1- I started the application and reached 95% of the progress bar, at what point it will ask me to attach any documents?

2- Can I update/attach any more documents after submitting the application?

3- can I submit documents for 18-month residency ( as per now ) and complete the other docs later on, as long as process time takes too long?

4- after application lodgment, can I move to any capital city ( non- regional) ? , or I need to stay till I got the PR ( 887 ) ?

Your answers will be highly appreciated 

Thanks in advance  

Usually the link to upload documents only appears after you submit the application and pay the application fees.  It's generally a good idea to upload the essential documents needed for proving you meet the criteria as soon as possible after you submit your application.  So if you only have 18 months residency evidence, it would be good to gather the remaining 6 months evidence quickly so you can upload it before too much time elapses.

While the 887 is processing, you still hold the 489 visa and you must comply with the conditions of that (live/work only in a regional area).

• Like 1

Thanks MaggieMay24 and JetBlast for your valuable feedback 🙂

I have one more question regarding the English level.  I have submitted ELITES results for me and my wife ( 6.5 & 7) as a part of 489 visa doc. , Should I submit any other docs to prove our English level as a part of 887 application?    ( our ELITES certificates  already expired ) ?

or we can prove that we studied in 5 years institution in English is enough? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Experts, 

I got my 489 visa few months back and was trying to plan to travel this november..I need information on bridging visa, will we have bridging visa when our 887 is in process and 489 time is expired, please update...thank you

After you fulfill Visa 489 conditions ( 2 years in a regional area AND one year at least full-time work ) you will be eligible to apply for 887 visa. during the processing time, your 489 will be valid till its expiry date, on the same date you will receive the bridging visa automatically.

Wish you all the best mate : )