TAX PLANNING ADVICE

surfersj

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations on using GM Tax for tax planning advice for a new (retired) migrant arriving in OZ on a parental visa. I am looking for information and help with tax planning including affect of the UK/OZ double taxation treaty implications on my tax liability.   

On 22/05/2019 at 09:46, SPRINTER said:

I think you will find GM Tax is one of Alan Colletts interests, they do our tax and have been easy and straightforward to deal with and no problems.

I'm no longer at GM Tax.

See www.bdhtax.com

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett

I used them once to do a simple AU tax return but having a rental property in the UK.  I didn't feel like I got any UK specific advice and in fact had to correct them on a number of currency conversions.  I won't be using them again.

13 hours ago, cubiq4 said:

I used them once to do a simple AU tax return but having a rental property in the UK.  I didn't feel like I got any UK specific advice and in fact had to correct them on a number of currency conversions.  I won't be using them again.

I had a similar indifferent experience of using them the once and only time and don't intend to ever to do so again.  They also made a demand for their invoice to be paid even although the document had been passed back and forth a few times and no agreement on the final submission had yet been reached.

Edited by le petit roi

• 1 month later...
On 24/05/2019 at 08:38, cubiq4 said:

Which tax agent did you end up using