Elections

shaunfreo

I have never been overly interested in politics, have been a swing voter, voted for them all at some stage but why do I feel a certain sense of Nausea seeing Scott Morrison crowing over his victory, why do I feel somewhat appalled that the Libs won ???

• Like 3

5 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

I have never been overly interested in politics, have been a swing voter, voted for them all at some stage but why do I feel a certain sense of Nausea seeing Scott Morrison crowing over his victory, why do I feel somewhat appalled that the Libs won ???

Parley likes him.

8 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

You voted against the trend?

you voted for a loser?

Cheers, Bobj.

10 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

Maybe because there was a chance of change and new positive policies. I can't name a single new policy that Morrison put forward during the election. The whole campaign was negative on his part. Let us hope that he adopts some of Labor's policies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Melbpom said:

Maybe because there was a chance of change and new positive policies. I can't name a single new policy that Morrison put forward during the election. The whole campaign was negative on his part. Let us hope that he adopts some of Labor's policies.

Coalition didn’t have any policies except a tax cut for the top end.   Safer really for a very conservative electorate 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bulya said:

Coalition didn’t have any policies except a tax cut for the top end.   Safer really for a very conservative electorate 

I just don't understand how cutting income equates to good economic management. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bobj said:

Well, don't let it worry you, then.thumbs.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

But I live in this country so it does bother me , I guess you got what you wanted, but dare I ask , what did you get , what will your win give you in your daily life , how will it be better , really interested to know as I try to understand 

6 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

But I live in this country so it does bother me , I guess you got what you wanted, but dare I ask , what did you get , what will your win give you in your daily life , how will it be better , really interested to know as I try to understand 

Very simply, I don't get anything except the knowledge that Australia will be far better off than under a Government that cannot help but mismanage the economy.

Cheers, Bobj.

47 minutes ago, Bobj said:

Very simply, I don't get anything except the knowledge that Australia will be far better off than under a Government that cannot help but mismanage the economy.

Cheers, Bobj.

a myth and you know it

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bobj said:

It always makes me smile when Laborites argue the toss when they keep on losing...

Cheers, Bobj.

Actually voted Liberal most of my life.  Oh and you’re still wrong.  Look at the data 

18 hours ago, shaunfreo said:

I think it's brought more of a status quo so if Bob was happy with his lot with SCOMO in charge he's going to be happy now.

Not everyone wanted change. Especially when they couldn't put a price on a lot of it.

It was almost as if Labor policies had become Liberal and vice versa. Liberals thinking more about the average working person and retirees and Labour too many green policies that would have affected jobs and raised taxes.

It's obvious that the polls and social media get input from left leaning people who love to whinge about something. Climate change, refugee issues, womens issues etc. Labor thought they were on a winner with climate change in particular. I thought so too. Couldn't see how they could lose.

I didn't take into account the number of people who don't go on social media, don't take part in polls and are just happy with the way things are.

They are the ones that got Libs over the line.

12 hours ago, Bobj said:

Cheers, Bobj.

You mean the Labor government that had Australia as the best performing economy in the world for 4 of its 6 years (2007-2013) - including during the GFC - compared to the Liberals who have overseen a steady  downward slide to 21st in the world in 2018; and this Liberal government which has accrued more debt since 2013 than all other Australian federal governments combined since Federation in 1901?   This mantra that the Liberals are better economic managers is a myth - perpetuated by its own politicians and media cheer squad who trust that Australians are too dumb to know any different.   Unfortunately they seem to be correct.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Melbpom said:

I just don't understand how cutting income equates to good economic management. 

It doesn't, particularly as the highest earning Australian residents end up paying zero or very little tax (courtesy of your friendly "creative" accountant).   But it appeals to the personal greed "I'm alright" gene which wins votes.

Unemployment up from 5 to 5.2%.  Since the election electricity wholesale price is up 8%. And announced that the tax cuts will almost certainly be deferred for a year.  Not bad for a govt that hasn’t even been sworn in yet!