Child101 visa and tourist visa... Application at same time

Pink

Hi All.
I would really appreciate if anyone can help me in this matter. I and my husband are PR of Australia. I am expecting to deliver a child soon and hence I came back to Mumbai. I want to go back To Aus soon after delivering. I was thinking for applying for child 101 visa first from Mumbai and then immediately also for a tourist visa for 1year for our new born. This way we could get our child to Aus sooner and not wait for months for 101 visa to come. I believe when my child will be granted 101 visa, il have to go offshore to get the visa. Can someone please guide me for this. My guess is that I can do the above, but as rules keep on changing I want to be 100% sure before we apply for it. Thanx all

I agree with WRussell, if you deliver the baby in Australia they will be an Australian citizen immediately and you can forgo the effort, time and cost of a child visa.  There's no guarantee your child would be granted a visitor visa which means they would need to remain outside Australia until a child visa is granted, so becoming an instant citizen is simpler.

I understand wat u guys say. But just due to personal reasons I preferred to come to Mumbai. Was wondering if there is any specific reason why tourist visa may not be given toa newborn?

13 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

I agree with WRussell, if you deliver the baby in Australia they will be an Australian citizen immediately and you can forgo the effort, time and cost of a child visa.  There's no guarantee your child would be granted a visitor visa which means they would need to remain outside Australia until a child visa is granted, so becoming an instant citizen is simpler.

They may not believe the child would return if their child visa is refused for whatever reason. You also run the risk as a tourist the child wouldn't be entitled to medical coverage and for a new baby that could be a risk. Either delivery in Australia, which would be the most sensible, or wait for the child visa to be issued.

• Like 1