Can university teachers and IT recruiters apply for PR?

3 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I have two friends who are university teacher and IT recruiter. I was wondering if they can apply for PR under some category.

Yes if their occupations appear on one of the lists published by the Department of Home Affairs and they can meet the other criteria they can apply 

Edited by shaunfreo
Adding

2 minutes ago, shaunfreo said:

Yes if their occupations appear on one of the lists published by the Department of Home Affairs and they can meet the other criteria they can apply 

that's exactly what i want to know. do any similar jobs appear in those lists? if so, which criteria needs to be met?

Edited by Jupiter

The recruitment one will be difficult as it's not on any state required list, it could be possible to ACT, TAS or NT but with special conditions - if the recruiter is going to be the main applicant a migration agent would be a necessity in my view 

Lecturer is similar but it does appear that one is open for a straight 189 application so if they can muster 75+ points it could be an option (technically 65 points but no one is getting invites at that level)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

The recruitment one will be difficult as it's not on any state required list, it could be possible to ACT, TAS or NT but with special conditions - if the recruiter is going to be the main applicant a migration agent would be a necessity in my view 

Lecturer is similar but it does appear that one is open for a straight 189 application so if they can muster 75+ points it could be an option (technically 65 points but no one is getting invites at that level)

They will need to do some leg work themselves to organise this 

14 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

What are these conditions?

You'd need to look it up on the state's specific immigration website.

I looked at a website called anzscosearch they say there are special conditions you need to go research on the actual immigration pages now

56 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

... you need to go research on the actual immigration pages now

the ACT one is showing closed for 'recruitment consultants'

the TAS seems to just follow the general immigration rules

the NT doesn't have any such occupations listed

Yes that's part of the problem, things change frequently. Especially near the end of the financial year.

In situations like your friends where the case isn't clear cut an initial conversation with a migration agent is very useful before they waste time and money

17 hours ago, Jupiter said:

I have two friends who are university teacher and IT recruiter. I was wondering if they can apply for PR under some category.

You would be best advised to tell your "friends" to seek professional advice or ask the questions themselves.

You seem have numerous posts where you ask the same question for even more occupations.

From the very specific and diverse nature of your posts, it would almost seem like you are using this sight to give your own migration advice to many of your "friends". 

1 hour ago, Raul Senise said:

You would be best advised to tell your "friends" to seek professional advice or ask the questions themselves.

You seem have numerous posts where you ask the same question for even more occupations.

From the very specific and diverse nature of your posts, it would almost seem like you are using this sight to give your own migration advice to many of your "friends". 

I hope not, it would leave a very bad taste to have people abuse the helpfulness of this site in that way.

4 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I hope not, it would leave a very bad taste to have people abuse the helpfulness of this site in that way.

Wouldn't be the first time though, there are many unscrupulous people out there who follow this practice, both here and on other forums, most of them being offshore and claiming to be "agents"

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Unfortunately many do , it’s why as in my earlier post you direct them to the Department of Home Affairs website and ask them to do some research themselves, then they can come back with more specific questions, 

Edited by shaunfreo
Adding