864 Both applicants age

Hi,

Just wanted to know for Aged Contributory Parent Visa 864 it say main applicant must be aged over 65. Does this mean if my father is aged over 65 and mother aged around 60 My father can be the main applicant and my mother will be part of the family unit (Partner) and both will be able to apply for 864 Visa in the same application or we have to wait for my mother o turn 65 as well.

Is there a requirement for the partner/wife of applicant to be over 65 as well I mean?

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, border864 said:

Thank you very much wrussel. So my mother doesn't need to be over 65?

Are you perhaps across or dealt with any successful cases where only main applicant is over retirement age and partner/spouse is under 65.

Westly Russell is an experienced migration agent. If he says the rules don't require both parties to be over 65, then you can trust that advice.

24 minutes ago, border864 said:

Thank you Marisa, its just I called the department up and they said they did not have a specific answer for that that's why I'm a bit worried.

It's always best to ignore what the department says when you ring them.  It's just a call centre reading off a screen, and they get things wrong as often as they get things right.

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

It's always best to ignore what the department says when you ring them.  It's just a call centre reading off a screen, and they get things wrong as often as they get things right.

Years ago we did a test run, as so many posters had warned about taking immigration advice from the immigration call centre. We rang 3 times with the same question and guess what? we got 3 different answers.

I would take the advice of a well respected MA every time, rather than an inexperienced call centre employee trying to find the answer. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, border864 said:

In your experience, Is it a good idea to wait two three weeks before applying on shore for 864 on tourist Visa to get the bridging visa or doesn't really matter and can apply sooner as well

Once they're in the country they're in the country, so they can apply any time they like.  In the grand scheme of things, theyé got so long to wait that a few weeks hardly matter.  The bridging visa won't come into effect until their tourist visa expires anyway.