Latest recommendations for pet travel.

scubacam

Hello everyone,

A few months back we visited Sandown immigration show in Esher, UK. We spoke to a company who we felt very reassured by for transporting our animals. It wasn’t air pets or transfur (nothing wrong with these at all) but , this company was the only one who took a look at a picture of our dog and said - yes absolutely do not fly through Middle East (she’s a mixed breed with suspected staff) . I’ve lost all details of this company but I’d really love some up to date recommendations for company’s to fly our animals. We’re looking to leave next March , rabies jabs are already done but we are looking into boosters.

Thanks in advance

I’ve been dealing with Tim Finlayson pet service who is based in Manchester and he has been incredibly helpful and understanding. I don’t know if he’d also organise to fly your dog from LHR which is what you’d have to do do avoid flying through Dubai but it would certainly be worth asking.

Edited by Mel.b

Petair and Jetpets are very good. We flew australia to UK with Jetpets and we are flying back using Petair. 

Both companies provided a lot of very helpful information before we had booked or made any payment which can help with decision making. We're flying our dog via Dubai but I think both companies offer a different option (maybe direct from Heathrow to Perth and then onto Melbourne but not sure)

Bob from petair posts on this forum and is very helpful:

Edited by MacGyver

If it was the Down Under exhibition you went to in Esher, then we attended that too. I believe the pet shipping company there was Fetch a Pet. They were helpful but we are currently going through the process with Petair. Their Gold service deals with absolutely everything for you.