309 visa primary and secondary applicant

missA

Hi

If anyone has had this experience or knows more please advise. My daughter (19) and I have been granted our 309 visa last August and while I've been on shore living and working with my spouse, my daughter complied with her visa conditions and entered Australia within the stipulated time but has since returned to SA because she had registered for her studies before our visa was granted. 

The 309 allows travel in and out of Australia with no restrictions but is she required to relocate before the 100 visa is granted or within a time frame of the 309 being granted?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, beant said:

check with immigration, give them call it can take long on phone up to 45 minutes or more before someone attend ur call

Sounds odd but you should never take advice from immigration over the phone. They are notorious for giving incorrect/ poor advice to the extent where they actually have insurance to cover their telephone operators. 

They won’t accept liability either because they say officially you should contact a registered migration agent. 

Some people on this forum have had awful advice over the years which has cost them personally and financially.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Sounds odd but you should never take advice from immigration over the phone. They are notorious for giving incorrect/ poor advice to the extent where they actually have insurance to cover their telephone operators. 

They won’t accept liability either because they say officially you should contact a registered migration agent. 

Some people on this forum have had awful advice over the years which has cost them personally and financially.

migration agent can give good advise, I applied my wife's visa from overseas, but sometimes I ask questions to agent we known from years 

his old but  good

13 hours ago, beant said:

migration agent can give good advise, I applied my wife's visa from overseas, but sometimes I ask questions to agent we known from years 

his old but  good

Yes I know, registered migration agents are who you should contact, not the general telephone operators at immigration. That’s my point.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 04:47, missA said:

Hi

If anyone has had this experience or knows more please advise. My daughter (19) and I have been granted our 309 visa last August and while I've been on shore living and working with my spouse, my daughter complied with her visa conditions and entered Australia within the stipulated time but has since returned to SA because she had registered for her studies before our visa was granted. 

The 309 allows travel in and out of Australia with no restrictions but is she required to relocate before the 100 visa is granted or within a time frame of the 309 being granted?

She can be either in or outside Australia for the grant of the 100, but does need to have an intention to reside permanently in Australia. 

• Like 1