187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa Questions

Hi all, asking a few questions on behalf of a friend who visited me in March and has been talking about moving here ever since.

Her husband is a marine engineer which is on the skills list but only eligible for the 187 RSMS visa. Am I correct in saying that he would need to secure employment first then apply for this visa? Is it possible to get the visa application in motion then try to apply?

Does anyone have any experience of this visa living in regional Victoria? Since I live in regional Victoria I figured I would start my research based on that.

Thanks again

Yes he would need an employer to sponsor him before applying for a visa. Are there jobs for Marine Engineers in rural Victoria?

I think most likely south Australia but they haven’t even got as far as looking for jobs yet as I had advised that getting the visa first was the best option, however that was when I thought his job was eligible for a 189

Hi guys, I got my nomination approved today. I applied nomination on 20th feb 2018.  And I applied my visa on June 2018 after the rules changed. I had over all 3.5 years experience at that time. But i just had 2 years experience post rpl qualification. Now case officer wants 3 years experience post qualification. As I know when I applied no where in immigration website mentioned work experience has to be post qualification. Till date I have 34 months of post qualification experience. From here I don’t no what  to expect. Please I need help. What can I do? 

54 minutes ago, Ddl said:

Hi guys, I got my nomination approved today. I applied nomination on 20th feb 2018.  And I applied my visa on June 2018 after the rules changed. I had over all 3.5 years experience at that time. But i just had 2 years experience post rpl qualification. Now case officer wants 3 years experience post qualification. As I know when I applied no where in immigration website mentioned work experience has to be post qualification. Till date I have 34 months of post qualification experience. From here I don’t no what  to expect. Please I need help. What can I do? 

No idea what your question has to do with this thread, I would suggest seeking advice from a migration agent 

10 minutes ago, shaunfreo said:

No idea what your question has to do with this thread, I would suggest seeking advice from a migration agent 

My migration agent is not answering my call. I don’t know what to do. Never had this much stress in life. I have little daughter with me. I’m doing all this for her.  Please if any one can help me out with this I would be very thankful. 

3 hours ago, Ddl said:

Work experience has always been post qualification