Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sigemup

Question about citizenship application - document validation

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

Do we need to validate the documents in the citizenship application ? If so, I want to understand more about the document validation requirement for citizenship processing and what does this exactly mean ? Do we need to get all original documents, used for application, validated ? If so,  what is the process to get them validated and where do we need to get them validated and ?

 

Also is it required for everyone or is it required only for particular scenarios - and if so what is the scenario. 

Edited by Sigemup
edited the title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don’t need to be validated if you apply on line and upload colour scans. Every application will require documents to be uploaded and a list required will be given at the end of the application. They will need to verify ID, any name changes etc. I don’t recall it being particularly onerous. If you applied for PR then you should have all they require. 

  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Rammy girl.

 

What does Validated mean ? 

Also, you mentioned name changes. I do not have any changes to the name. However the being long , initials have been used in some documents where as full name is there in others. Is there any process for this ? Can I do a statutory declaration for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

By validate I assumed you meant certified. This is where a JP will endorse a copy of the original as a true copy having had sight of the original. This isn’t required if you attach a colour scan of an original document.  If you are making a paper application for some reason then certified copies will be required.

As before use whatever you used for your visa applications. I think I provided birth and marriage certificates, passport bio page and page with arrival stamps, driving licence and possibly a bill or bank statement. All similar to when you need 100 points of ID for a rental for example. 

You will be guided as to what to attach when you complete the form. 

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rammygirl said:

By validate I assumed you meant certified. This is where a JP will endorse a copy of the original as a true copy having had sight of the original. This isn’t required if you attach a colour scan of an original document.  If you are making a paper application for some reason then certified copies will be required.

As before use whatever you used for your visa applications. I think I provided birth and marriage certificates, passport bio page and page with arrival stamps, driving licence and possibly a bill or bank statement. All similar to when you need 100 points of ID for a rental for example. 

You will be guided as to what to attach when you complete the form. 

 

Thank you Rammygirl. 

 

Another question from your reply 🙂 

 

The arrival stamps that you have mentioned, I think I do not have all the stamps here as they scanned it electronically. If that is how they did it, then how can I show the arrival stamps - is there any other approach for this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have evidence of flights maybe. Tbh they know exactly when you travel to and from Australia so I really don’t know why they ask. I don’t think the paperwork has caught up with the technology!

we did have stamps as the e gates were not working when we arrived in Adelaide!

  • Like 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked this question and PaulHand replied that I could use Form 1359 to ask for my movements record.
I did this and took it into my citizenship interview today. They did not want to see it so I uploaded it tonight as an attachment on my application. I don’t know yet whether they’ve needed it as it’s too soon to know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they ask you for it. But they already know. Hence you can ask them to send you the detail to give back to them.........

seems pointless to me. 


So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah they ask you for it. But they already know. Hence you can ask them to send you the detail to give back to them.........
seems pointless to me. 

Seems pointless to me too. The team who sent me a reply to my movement request was the “Visa Delivery Transformation Division, Immigration and Citizenship Services Group”.....therefore yes, they are definitely asking for something they already have access to. I did it just so that it was one less potential delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you LouDyorkie and rammygirl,

 

Just to confirm, do we need only the stamp for the initial entry or is it for all of the arrival that this is required ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you LouDyorkie and rammygirl,

 

Just to confirm, do we need only the stamp for the initial entry or is it for all of the arrival that this is required ?

You need proof of your Initial entry only. (Initial Entry being in relation to your temp/perm visas on which you are basing your length of time in Australia, not tourist trips you may have taken beforehand) Although you do need to know the dates of all your other travel in order to put it in the travel history section on your application.

So on Form 1359, I just asked for the date I knew I’d arrived for the first time and that is what they provided in their response.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi,

Just a quick question related to this post; when applying for my spouse’s citizenship by conferral, we uploaded certified copies (by a local JP)of some of her ID documents only later realising that we could have just scanned and uploaded  the colour copies of the original documents without certification. Would this be an issue, you think? 🙄 or if we uploaded documents after submission, would it affect the original application in any way as we did see it stated somewhere that we may get queried why all documents weren’t submitted at the time of payment for citizenship  

thanks in advance. 

Edited by JustUs
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2019 at 22:37, JustUs said:

Hi,

Just a quick question related to this post; when applying for my spouse’s citizenship by conferral, we uploaded certified copies (by a local JP)of some of her ID documents only later realising that we could have just scanned and uploaded  the colour copies of the original documents without certification. Would this be an issue, you think? 🙄 or if we uploaded documents after submission, would it affect the original application in any way as we did see it stated somewhere that we may get queried why all documents weren’t submitted at the time of payment for citizenship  

thanks in advance. 

Good question. I don't expect it'll make any difference (if anything, you've just gone to more effort than required). We apply in about 3 weeks and i've got in my diary to get the key ID docs certified... i'm now learning that i don't need to.

  • Like 1

(2013-15) 2x 417 WHV 
(2015) 457 Temp Work (Marketing Specialist)
(2016) 457 Temp Work (Subsequent Entrant - De Facto Partner)
(2018) 186 ENS TRT (x2 Applicants, LR, Marketing Specialist)
(2019) Citizenship by Conferral submitted 16/06/19

Never used a migration agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 11:06, rammygirl said:

They don’t need to be validated if you apply on line and upload colour scans. Every application will require documents to be uploaded and a list required will be given at the end of the application. They will need to verify ID, any name changes etc. I don’t recall it being particularly onerous. If you applied for PR then you should have all they require. 

That's weird! i didn't realise that. i thought i'd need to get passport, birth certs etc certified like we did for PR.


(2013-15) 2x 417 WHV 
(2015) 457 Temp Work (Marketing Specialist)
(2016) 457 Temp Work (Subsequent Entrant - De Facto Partner)
(2018) 186 ENS TRT (x2 Applicants, LR, Marketing Specialist)
(2019) Citizenship by Conferral submitted 16/06/19

Never used a migration agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's weird! i didn't realise that. i thought i'd need to get passport, birth certs etc certified like we did for PR.

It might be because you take the originals into the citizenship interview with you. So no need to be certified copies.
Although they aren’t that logical with other things so who knows the real reasoning?!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LouDYorkie said:


It might be because you take the originals into the citizenship interview with you. So no need to be certified copies.
Although they aren’t that logical with other things so who knows the real reasoning?! emoji2957.png

Well it's one less thing to do i suppose!

 


(2013-15) 2x 417 WHV 
(2015) 457 Temp Work (Marketing Specialist)
(2016) 457 Temp Work (Subsequent Entrant - De Facto Partner)
(2018) 186 ENS TRT (x2 Applicants, LR, Marketing Specialist)
(2019) Citizenship by Conferral submitted 16/06/19

Never used a migration agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colour scans are now acceptable without certification for on line visa applications too. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping someone can shed light.

i have a citizenship test on Friday and belatedly realised that my birth certificate had been missing. I uploaded the scanned copy I had for my PR application and now can’t find it as it has been years 😞 I did call the deparment and was told to provide a cover letter as well as other documents to support evidence of birth. I still have the authenticated copy though.

 

has anyone experencedthis too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t but whilst I was waiting for my test there was someone who was told to bring ALL their documents to their rescheduled appointment as they were leaving. I assumed it was because something was missing but I may be upsetting you unnecessarily by doing the old 2+2=5 thing.
I hope you can find it? Or someone comes along and says they did the same thing and it was fine.
Fingers crossed for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×