You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Rifka

Urgent advice needed re: Ahpra

I got invited to apply for the¬† 190 visa. Please see their response I got today re: registration . I was informed I didn't need Ahpra to apply as with the time frame and the 90 days after receiving to present at their office. I was planning on applying nearer to the due date of the visa ūüė• they are asking for registeration or approved in principle within 7 days!¬†

It takes three months, minimum for ahpra. 

Advice much appreciated. 

Thank you for the application for Victorian Government nomination under the 190 - Skilled Nominated visascheme.

To be eligible for visa nomination, the applicant is required to register (or have approval in principle) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency(AHPRA) website. Registration (or approval in principle)with AHPRA is required, in order to practice as a nurse in Australia.

See the AHPRA website for details on gaining the assessment and application forms: www.ahpra.gov.au.

If you are unable to provide the registration within seven days, you will not be able to continue with this application. Instead, you will need to wait until the registration has been obtained and lodge a new application at:https://liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.au/,ensuring that all current minimum eligibility requirements have been met.

We look forward to receiving the AHPRA registration

I don't think there's anyway for you to get your registration within 7 days sadly.

ETA - I saw in a previous post you've been offered sponsorship - did you not start the registration process then?

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

No, because I'm waiting for the Employer to get back to me and confirm sponsorship, was trying to tie in Ahpra and sponsorship giving the time frame. 

In the meantime I got invited by Victoria two days ago, and yesterday I submitted my paper work, the 190 visa is a better option if I can get it! 

The whole process is a joke!! It's ridiculous they expect you to present after 90 days and pay flights over to collect your registration. 

I was told I didn't need the registration to attain the visa and it makes complete sense that I wouldn't given the time frame ūüėē.¬†

I wonder would they give me an extension. 

It's very dissapointing. I can courier my forms to AHPRA but obviously I  won't have registration in principle in 7 days. 

It's certainly worth checking.  You were lucky to get offered sponsorship without registration - my authority wouldn't do that and when posts are advertised the preference is given to PR/citizens.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I've everything ready for AHPRA, I'd rather a 190 visa as I'm 38 etc. I was informed I didn't need the registration to apply for the 190 ūüėĘ.¬†

I  enquired about sponsorship as I thought  I would be waiting longer for an invite. 

So I have to register and fly over to Australia to collect my registration and fly home if I don't have my visa granted. 

1 hour ago, Rifka said:

I have to register and fly over to Australia to collect my registration and fly home if I don't have my visa granted. 

Yes, that's what a lot of people do, from what I've seen on the forums.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

That's an absolute joke!! 

3 minutes ago, Rifka said:

That's an absolute joke!! 

It might be a joke, but it's the process and if you want to be part of the immigration game you need to play by their rules.

Ultimately no-one is forcing you to migrate to Australia - you want to do it - this is the process; essentially they are saying take it or leave it - the next person in the queue will be happy to doit their way so it is of no consequence to them if you don't like their way of doing things

I understand it's infuriating, but it is what it is and you'll just have to accept that's how it is if you want to go there.

Didn't your migration agent explain all this to you? It's a common process and one they should have briefed you fully on so that you were not surprised like this.

• Like 1

No, I was advised I could apply for registration nearer the end of the visa process. I have no idea will I even get sponsored by the state so I could have registration for nothing. 

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

9 minutes ago, Rifka said:

No, I was advised I could apply for registration nearer the end of the visa process. I have no idea will I even get sponsored by the state so I could have registration for nothing. 

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

I'd be having strong words with your migration agent then and asking them what they plan to do to help you rectify this.

I hope you took my comment in the spirit it was given - It wasn't meant to be harsh (although the message does sting given you really want to migrate), it was more meant as a "call to action" to get back on the horse and just ride the course put in front of you - good luck with it, I hope it all works out for you in the long run

Hi everyone. I need urgent help from you people. 

I am registered with AHPRA. When I applied for renewal if my AHPRA registration, i received an email from Ahpra that my application is being assessed. It has been 6th week now still I didn't receive any update of my renewal. No contact from registration officer also. What should I do. When I call their customer care they are asking me that they cannot help me, I just have to wait. Why is it taking too long for my renewal. I have applied from overseas. Please let me know what should I do. It is delaying due to holidays for Good Friday. Please reply. 

Thanks a lot.  

Just now, Tom and Jerry said:

I am registered with AHPRA. When I applied for renewal if my AHPRA registration, i received an email from Ahpra that my application is being assessed. It has been 6th week now still I didn't receive any update of my renewal. No contact from registration officer also. What should I do. When I call their customer care they are asking me that they cannot help me, I just have to wait. Why is it taking too long for my renewal. I have applied from overseas. Please let me know what should I do. It is delaying due to holidays for Good Friday. Please reply. 

Thanks a lot.  

Registration does take a while to obtain, but it's less of a wait than anything else in this process. I am surprised they even consider applicants for a visa who don't have AHPRA registration.  Approving visa's to people without AHPRA registration is taking a big risk. Not all nursing education is equal.

Canadian immigration is notorious for giving visa's to highly qualified foreigners, their education is not considered equivalent once they arrive in Canada. They have 2 choices, go back to university or work a minimum wage job. Many Taxi drivers here are very very smart people. I met a nuclear physicist driving a Taxi. 

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019. 

I completely understand that being registered, it's just the time frame with the 190. My friend got his Ahpra in thee months, with 90 days to collect registration. Anmac has proved my qualifications and proof  I'm a registered nurse.

It's just more money if I've to book a return flight without a  visa grant. 

Anyway, I can't do much about it. 

Registration with ahpra is one of the requirements for 190 who told you it isn't? I'm not surprised they want it from you. Everything with ahpra takes ages so hope you can sort it out asap fingers crossed! 

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424)

8 hours ago, Tom and Jerry said:

Thanks a lot.  

Registration renewals are done in May for AHPRA (nursing) - don't know about other professions.  Have you been practising in Australia? I renewed on line and got notification  immediately that my form and been received and an email the next day that it had been renewed.  Was there anything on the on line form that you answered that would give then cause for delay?  Have you had a break in practise?  You can check the register on line to see your current status.

9 hours ago, Rifka said:

Did you use an agent? If so they should be MARA registered and you can complain. I certainly would be. 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

7 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Canadian immigration is notorious for giving visa's to highly qualified foreigners, their education is not considered equivalent once they arrive in Canada. They have 2 choices, go back to university or work a minimum wage job. Many Taxi drivers here are very very smart people. I met a nuclear physicist driving a Taxi. 

Actually for many occupations other than nursing, Australia is the same. 

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke