You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

babysleep

We expect that you will work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

I just got 186 PR last week. Anyone know whether I must stay in this company for another 2 years? 

Can I change job? Thank you!

This was asked recently- see the link below to the thread. 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

9 hours ago, babysleep said:

I just got 186 PR last week. Anyone know whether I must stay in this company for another 2 years? 

Can I change job? Thank you!

I think on principle if you obtain a Visa on the basis that you will work for an employer - who has been through the cost of sponsoring you - you should respect that AND those who come after you by not screwing them over, even if you might get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PR (100) planning to move to Perth by then end of 2019!

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

that you will work for an employer - who has been through the

17 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

This was asked recently- see the link below to the thread. 

Thanks for your reply. Since I got PR, my company keep cutting staffs and push their workloads on me. That's why I suddenly think of changing job T_T

54 minutes ago, babysleep said:

Thanks for your reply. Since I got PR, my company keep cutting staffs and push their workloads on me. That's why I suddenly think of changing job T_T

To be honest, that sounds like they are exploiting you because they know you cannot leave without risking your visa.    If you do leave, I think they would be likely to complain so it would be a risk.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

To be honest, that sounds like they are exploiting you because they know you cannot leave without risking your visa.    If you do leave, I think they would be likely to complain so it would be a risk.

Agreed.  A difficult situation; I suggest you use all the routes available to you in discussing your concerns with your boss; with HR and if necessary with a union or employee support body - getting this on record would help your case later if you are forced to leave.

• Like 1

PR (100) planning to move to Perth by then end of 2019!

21 hours ago, Marisawright said:

18 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Agreed.  A difficult situation; I suggest you use all the routes available to you in discussing your concerns with your boss; with HR and if necessary with a union or employee support body - getting this on record would help your case later if you are forced to leave.

Thank you very much for your replies!! It is useful 😃

7 hours ago, Damien Minter said:

Do you still need to work for 2 years (or job still be available), if you have already worked for 2 years?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/temporary-residence-transition-stream#When

Yes the 2 years is after the visa is granted. 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.