We expect that you will work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years. If you don't, we might cancel your visa.

9 hours ago, babysleep said:

I just got 186 PR last week. Anyone know whether I must stay in this company for another 2 years? 

Can I change job? Thank you!

I think on principle if you obtain a Visa on the basis that you will work for an employer - who has been through the cost of sponsoring you - you should respect that AND those who come after you by not screwing them over, even if you might get away with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

that you will work for an employer - who has been through the

17 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

This was asked recently- see the link below to the thread. 

Thanks for your reply. Since I got PR, my company keep cutting staffs and push their workloads on me. That's why I suddenly think of changing job T_T

54 minutes ago, babysleep said:

Thanks for your reply. Since I got PR, my company keep cutting staffs and push their workloads on me. That's why I suddenly think of changing job T_T

To be honest, that sounds like they are exploiting you because they know you cannot leave without risking your visa.    If you do leave, I think they would be likely to complain so it would be a risk.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

To be honest, that sounds like they are exploiting you because they know you cannot leave without risking your visa.    If you do leave, I think they would be likely to complain so it would be a risk.

Agreed.  A difficult situation; I suggest you use all the routes available to you in discussing your concerns with your boss; with HR and if necessary with a union or employee support body - getting this on record would help your case later if you are forced to leave.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marisawright said:

18 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Agreed.  A difficult situation; I suggest you use all the routes available to you in discussing your concerns with your boss; with HR and if necessary with a union or employee support body - getting this on record would help your case later if you are forced to leave.

Thank you very much for your replies!! It is useful 😃