Skilled assessment

Hi

wondering if anyone can help I have been employed as a hotel manager for 20 years in the uk and have completed relevant training courses etc however the highest level of education I have is secondary school so my question is can I be assessed purely on work experience or must I have a higher education level - has anyone been assessed this way and passed 

thanks in advance for any advice

sam

12 minutes ago, 12sam24 said:

Hi

wondering if anyone can help I have been employed as a hotel manager for 20 years in the uk and have completed relevant training courses etc however the highest level of education I have is secondary school so my question is can I be assessed purely on work experience or must I have a higher education level - has anyone been assessed this way and passed 

sam

The ANZSCO code for hotel manager has the following attached to it

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.

- In Australia:

AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

So it would seem you could substitute the work experience for the higher education.

However this career code does not appear on the 189 eligibility list so you would need state sponsorship

TAS, NT and SA seem to be offering sponsorship for the 489 (provisional temporary visa)

VIC also offers the 489 but requires that you have 5 years experience in a global hotel chain at management level

NT and TAS also offer the 190 sponsorship which is a PR (but with state residency restrictions)

I would suggest you have a think about where in Australia you want to live (out of the options above - this means that Sydney and Perth for example are out of the running - at least for the first two years) and then call up a migration agent and have a chat with them about your realistic options

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 12sam24 said:

Hi

sam

I think being a 20 year experienced, you experience can replace your education. So you can try that once. 

• Thanks 1