NHS Pension

Kestral

My NHS pension is accessible from age 50. I have lived in Australia 4 years and I pay into super.

If I decided to take early retirement, if this was paid into my UK bank account, and this money was used only when Im in UK would I still need to declare it to Australia for tax purposes even thou the money is not in this country?

Would I have to pay tax to both governments?.

Also according to paperwork sent I am only able to work 16hrs per week after claiming early NHS retirement. Does this also apply in Australia?

Am I able to keep this pension separate, so that NHS pension remains in UK which would be taxed by UK. 

Yet to continue working in Australia and paying into super, being taxed by Australian government on monies earned here. And money earned from pension in UK would remain in UK

Can I keep them both separate legally? paying respective taxes to each government or will I just get myself into trouble in long run

You must declare your worldwide income to the ATO. regardless of whether you transfer the cash. This includes interest from any bank accounts or ISAs in the UK. It doesn’t matter if they are tax exempt in the UK. 

So yes you will be taxed on your uk pension by the ATO. 

A double tax agreement means that any tax you pay in the UK will be deducted from tax due in Australia. 

Be aware that countries share information so you need to be careful and be honest. Do seek advice from an accountant if uncertain. The rule is to declare if in doubt and let the ATO decide. There are some tax breaks on foreign pensions so do check.