Visa dilemma - Student Visa (500)

Molly123

Hi All,

I am planning to go to Australia to study a 2 year masters degree on a 500 visa with my family starting 15th July. We are just waiting for school enrollment completion as the final step in the process  and everything else seems to have been approved without question by the case officer. However, we have a unique situation in that we had to obtain a court order last year to migrate with my daughter from a previous marriage and the deadline for that order is 1st June (we must leave the UK before this date). Now, we may very well get the visa in the next 3 weeks but I am preparing for all scenarios as the court wont change the deadline. 

Is it possible to get a tourist or another type of visa for just myself and daughter to travel on should the student visa not come through in time for the 1st June? When reading into this you have to prove you are intending to travel only as a tourist so I would think that they may take issue with our plans as to stay once student visa is processed? 

Your help is appreciated.

M