PR after 457 transfer

hello,

I have currently worked for 2 years on a 4-year 457 visa, and I am considering transferring my visa to a new employer. I have two questions:

- Since my visa expires in 05/2020, I will not be able to work for 2 consecutive years for the new employer. In this case, will there be any possibility for this new employer to sponsor me for PR?

- After the expiry of this 457 visa (in 05/2020), what are the possibilities to keep working for this new employer? Could they sponsor me for a new 482 visa? And, how long would it be until I am eligible for PR sponsorship? Should I wait 3 new years for PR (until 2023), or would the previous years on the 457 count towards that period?

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, VicentJ said:

hello,

I have currently worked for 2 years on a 4-year 457 visa, and I am considering transferring my visa to a new employer. I have two questions:

- Since my visa expires in 05/2020, I will not be able to work for 2 consecutive years for the new employer. In this case, will there be any possibility for this new employer to sponsor me for PR?

- After the expiry of this 457 visa (in 05/2020), what are the possibilities to keep working for this new employer? Could they sponsor me for a new 482 visa? And, how long would it be until I am eligible for PR sponsorship? Should I wait 3 new years for PR (until 2023), or would the previous years on the 457 count towards that period?

Thanks!!

OK, I just noticed that I typo'ed my visa expiry date... it expires in 05/2021, not 05/2020. The rest is correct.

Sorry, and thanks!

Thanks Raul, I certainly will.

In any case, what further information would be needed, or what would my eligibility depend on?

I am a civil engineer by training, although I am sponsored as an engineering manager on my visa.

Regards.