Sponsoring Partner Visa application 2nd time rules?

Aussiebird

My o/h will be submitting his application very soon, just waiting for the travel movement dates to come through.

He will be sponsored by me for the 2nd time but the question in relation to this on the application seems to refer to being sponsored 2nd time round with a new partner (5 year limit).

It asks if he has been sponsored before, which is yes, but on the next page it asks why the relationship broke down and when (but we are still married!). I assume he answeres no then as the first partner visa was granted more than 5 years ago (2011).

Answering the question as NO surely will look like this is his first partner visa, with me being the sponsor.

In our personal statements we refer to the grant of his first visa. (With the email of the grant as evidence).

Any help with this one please?

Thanks so much. Xx

Edited by Aussiebird

3 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Apologies if this has been asked already, but if he was granted a partner visa already why wouldn't he simply apply for a RRV?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I wont bore you with the details on that one but it was a long time ago that he had his first one (2011). 

55 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I wont bore you with the details on that one but it was a long time ago that he had his first one (2011). 

Has he tried to get an RRV, it's a lot cheaper and far less hoops to jump through. People have had them granted when they have been granted a lot earlier than "just" 7 years ago

2 hours ago, welljock said:

Has he tried to get an RRV, it's a lot cheaper and far less hoops to jump through. People have had them granted when they have been granted a lot earlier than "just" 7 years ago

It’s been discussed with this poster many times that trying for an RRV in the first instance is worth a try but for their own reasons they chose this path 

Edited by shaunfreo