Jump to content
Oliviaa

Parent visa 143 - need your help and advices

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I have been in Australia since 2015 on 457 and April 2019 I had my PR granted. I am a single mum and have 2 kids under 18. My income is 55k plus super since 2015. I want to apply for my mum on sub 143. I have read on different sources but still confused. Please help me with the questions below:

 

1. Am I qualified to sponsor my mum now since my PR is just granted in Apr 2019?

2. To my research, my income is enough for AoS. Pls advise if it is correct.

3. My mum is holding visitor sub 600 with no 8503 condition. This means I can apply onshore for her while she is here on visa 600?

4. What is the best visa to apply? 143 or 173 and why?

My mum is 76 years old now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure you have to apply for 143 offshore. I don’t think I’d worry too much at this stage if you earn enough to sponsor her as it will be about 8 years before she will get the visa and so much can change in that time. Not sure re which one to go for but several people on here say they regret the 173 as it takes longer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I am sure you have to apply for 143 offshore. I don’t think I’d worry too much at this stage if you earn enough to sponsor her as it will be about 8 years before she will get the visa and so much can change in that time. Not sure re which one to go for but several people on here say they regret the 173 as it takes longer. 

Thank you. Processing time based on web is not 8 years, is that a typo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Oliviaa said:

Hi all

I have been in Australia since 2015 on 457 and April 2019 I had my PR granted. I am a single mum and have 2 kids under 18. My income is 55k plus super since 2015. I want to apply for my mum on sub 143. I have read on different sources but still confused. Please help me with the questions below:

 

1. Am I qualified to sponsor my mum now since my PR is just granted in Apr 2019?

2. To my research, my income is enough for AoS. Pls advise if it is correct.

3. My mum is holding visitor sub 600 with no 8503 condition. This means I can apply onshore for her while she is here on visa 600?

4. What is the best visa to apply? 143 or 173 and why?

My mum is 76 years old now.

Thank you very much for your help.

Onshore parent visas are 804 and 864. Visas are taking many years to process at the moment. No one knows for sure if they will take 8 years from now. If you can apply on shore, then you will see the wait out near your family, but you will be on bridging visa A, which has  various restrictions.  

You need to check if you have had to have  lived in Australia and held PR for over a certain time? Sorry I can’t remember.

Edited by ramot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ramot said:

Onshore parent visas are 804 and 864. Visas are taking many years to process at the moment. No one knows for sure if they will take 8 years from now. If you can apply on shore, then you will see the wait out near your family, but you will be on bridging visa A, which has  various restrictions.  

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Oliviaa said:

Thank you. Processing time based on web is not 8 years, is that a typo?

Not a typo. Parents getting their visas now have waited about four years but the queue has rapidly increased since they applied. There are currently almost 50k people in the queue and about 6k visas are given out every year.  If it’s less than 8 years it won’t be much less that’s for sure. That’s based on the 143 you mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi just to say we applied for CPV143 whilst on shore we were on a 600 visa at time, it took us 3 years for it to be granted so therefore had to go back to UK. 

We were onshore on another 600 when we got the shout for medical school etc. got all that done here in Australia then had to leave to have 143 granted so a quick trip to Bali. Good luck with your future plans. 


143 lodged 28/4/15 acknowledged 30/4/15 further docs. Requested 28/11/17.

medicals and UK/AUS police checks completed. AOS forms lodged at Centrelink 6/12/17

AOS paid 5/3/17 letter taken to Centrelink and sent to DIBP 6/3/17. ?

Request for 2nd Vac . Flight booked for Bali to meet 600 visa requirements.

2nd vac paid 3/4/18

Visa granted 13/4/18 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×