WHV and Mental Health

SarahFitz

Hi,

I recently requested Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for my anxiety (I think it was work related). The doctor also offered me antidepressants which I have been taking.

I am concerned this will now affect my application and can’t seem to find anything online about it. I’ve not taken time of work and I am on a mild antidepressant. 

Has anyone else been through this and has their visa approved or know of anyone? I assume I have to declare this when I go through my medical

Thanks

18 hours ago, SarahFitz said:

Hi,

I recently requested Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for my anxiety (I think it was work related). The doctor also offered me antidepressants which I have been taking.

I am concerned this will now affect my application and can’t seem to find anything online about it. I’ve not taken time of work and I am on a mild antidepressant. 

Has anyone else been through this and has their visa approved or know of anyone? I assume I have to declare this when I go through my medical

Thanks

Hi Ali,

ive spoken to a few migration agents and friends who are already out there who have said I will need a medical. However I don’t think it’s as in-depth as applying for other visa types

16 minutes ago, SarahFitz said:

Hi Ali,

ive spoken to a few migration agents and friends who are already out there who have said I will need a medical. However I don’t think it’s as in-depth as applying for other visa types

for a working holiday visa?  My nieces and nephew didn't undertake a medical for this visa.  Are you talking of the 12 month visa normally used for back packing or another type of visa?

27 minutes ago, ali said:

for a working holiday visa?  My nieces and nephew didn't undertake a medical for this visa.  Are you talking of the 12 month visa normally used for back packing or another type of visa?

Must admit I thought it was only required in very few cases. I've had many friends and relatives in their 20s over on WHVs and none of them have been asked for a medical.