TSS 482 Medium/Long Term Visa

suzie8642

Hi,

My husband has been offered a Carpentry job with TSS 482 Sponsorship (it’s on the medium/long term list).
He has the qualifications and 2 years work experience however this is from 2005-2009. From 2009-2018 he worked as a Police Officer in the UK.
He wants to go back in to Carpentry here hence wanting to take the Carpentry job with the TSS 482 Sponsorship.
My question is, is he eligible considering his work experience is 10 years ago?

He has worked as a Carpenter on his days off during 2009-2018, however it was cash in hand and so he doesn't have payslips to prove it. He could get references from the companies he worked for though?

Thank you in advance!!
Suzie

1 hour ago, suzie8642 said:

Hi,

My husband has been offered a Carpentry job with TSS 482 Sponsorship (it’s on the medium/long term list).
He has the qualifications and 2 years work experience however this is from 2005-2009. From 2009-2018 he worked as a Police Officer in the UK.
He wants to go back in to Carpentry here hence wanting to take the Carpentry job with the TSS 482 Sponsorship.
My question is, is he eligible considering his work experience is 10 years ago?

He has worked as a Carpenter on his days off during 2009-2018, however it was cash in hand and so he doesn't have payslips to prove it. He could get references from the companies he worked for though?

Thank you in advance!!
Suzie

I sincerely hope he can't - working cash in hand is illegal in the UK (unless he has declared the cash - in which case you will have the tax records to prove the work)

Assuming it was the dodgy version of cash in hand then he should know better as a police officer and shows that there is a lack of character that is needed in the immigration process