..and much much more!

Perthbum

Un frigging believable.

5 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

A lot of man utd support as well - best of luck to them 

Great documentary on them a couple of years ago - over here 

Worth a watch 

Watched that class of 92 

its been reported they were paying over 4K per week to some players all on gates if less than 2k per game , Gary Neville was on tv earlier in season moaning that city had bought the league , but it’s ok for his team to do the same 

This is non league football not the PL 

10 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Watched that class of 92 

its been reported they were paying over 4K per week to some players all on gates if less than 2k per game , Gary Neville was on tv earlier in season moaning that city had bought the league , but it’s ok for his team to do the same 

This is non league football not the PL 

Theres a few doing it rally .

Chelsea bought trophies for a few seasons .

In real terms , they aren't a big club .

Ironically ambrovich flew into London to buy Tottenham. 

On his way , by helicopter to white hart lane , he saw Stamford bridge , and the rest is history. 

United are in a real mess at the moment - 0-2 Cardiff at the weekend .

What a difference 20 years makes .

20 years ago , city were in the division 2 play offs ,and 2-0;down in the play off final -  and United were winning everything .

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Another product of globalisation 

Scrap the EPL then or make it local only. Watch it become the most uninteresting and uninspired league, world wide after that. Sky will probably pay the BBC to take the rights of its hands, should it occur.

The nationalists will love it, but no one else even amongst the home supporters will be that interested.

• Confused 1

Of course the English talent is there 
World u 17 and world u20 champions .
But these clubs want instant success , instead of allowing these kids to come through .
To my mind , only a handful like Phil foden at man city and the lad at Bournemouth,  and one at wolves have had a sniff in the premier league .
The talent is there , either being sold to Germany,  ironically. in the reserves , or in the championship 

If it was that good for the team - it’d be played. Probably better value in selling them to international clubs than the cost (monetary and non-monetary) of having them play in the home club.

Good result from Man City, exactly the outcome I was expecting (them winning)

• Like 1

On 10/05/2019 at 23:15, Slean Wolfhead said:

If it were down to English owners and players we wouldn't be in any finals. 2 Yanks, a Russian, and a tax exile owner, mostly foreign players, playing finals in Spain and Azerbajan and minimal tickets for English supporters. Funny old game..all about perception.

What like 1966 ?

What like man utd in 1968?

Or liverpool 5 times 

Or ( I hate to say this ) villa in 82 

Or forest twice 

No foreign owners then 

What's your point 

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

What like 1966 ?
What like man utd in 1968?
Or liverpool 5 times 
Or ( I hate to say this ) villa in 82 
Or forest twice 
No foreign owners then 
What's your point 

That is between 37 and 52 years ago. Its a model that worked so brilliantly well in the present day that they stuck with it.

14 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

What's your point 

That point is obvious.....and it's the same as always.  You're living your life today based on what happened 40 years ago, thinking somehow that time is going to start running backwards to make you feel more comfortable in a world that's running away from you ?  It's the same argument in different clothes, every time.   

You mentioned it before...globalisation.   Globalisation isn't driven by governments, it's driven by technology and progress and that is evolution.  It will dictate and then you have to react.  You can react by marching up and down with Farage complaining about it, or you can get on the horse and ride it.  Which section do your 35% Brexiters belong to, and do you see any promise in them being anything other than a blip in time for the history books to use as an example of folk who didn't get it?

• Like 2

On 12/05/2019 at 23:22, bunbury61 said:

Another product of globalisation 

Never thought of it that way.....but you’re right.

I was a regular at ‘The Shed’ (Stamford Bridge) throughout the 1980’s but started to lose interest once the Sky Premier League started.

Even though the quality of ‘the product’ has undoubtedly improved personally I disconnected with it all.  The club I followed in the 80s were a bunch of no-hopers bouncing between the old 1st and 2nd division and many of the games were total rubbish......but it was involving.  I knew every player and even played the odd game of cricket with one or two of them in the summer (which would be completely forbidden now).

I don’t wish it any ill-will and I respect the fact that people still have the same passion for their club as I once did for mine.  It just isn’t for me anymore.  I did actually switch to non-league watching for the rest of the 90s but ultimately drifted away from the game.

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

On 13/05/2019 at 08:06, ssiri said:

Scrap the EPL then or make it local only. Watch it become the most uninteresting and uninspired league, world wide after that. Sky will probably pay the BBC to take the rights of its hands, should it occur.

The nationalists will love it, but no one else even amongst the home supporters will be that interested.

I was referring to buying 50 players and loaning them out like cattle .

We have a raft of young British and Irish players who never get a sniff now , because the premiership is full of c list players .

Outside of the elite international premiership players , there are some very average players , brought in from around the globe 

Thats what I was referring to you clown .

The premiership has only 30% English players , which is a disgrace .

English football will always be the most watched on the planet .

Always was , always will be 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I was referring to buying 50 players and loaning them out like cattle .
We have a raft of young British and Irish players who never get a sniff now , because the premiership is full of c list players .
Outside of the elite international premiership players , there are some very average players , brought in from around the globe 
Thats what I was referring to you clown .
The premiership has only 30% English players , which is a disgrace .
English football will always be the most watched on the planet .
Always was , always will be 

Right. That isn’t worthy of a reasoned response. Given it’s so unreasonable
  • Confused 1

On 14/05/2019 at 00:49, Slean Wolfhead said:

That point is obvious.....and it's the same as always.  You're living your life today based on what happened 40 years ago, thinking somehow that time is going to start running backwards to make you feel more comfortable in a world that's running away from you ?  It's the same argument in different clothes, every time.   

You mentioned it before...globalisation.   Globalisation isn't driven by governments, it's driven by technology and progress and that is evolution.  It will dictate and then you have to react.  You can react by marching up and down with Farage complaining about it, or you can get on the horse and ride it.  Which section do your 35% Brexiters belong to, and do you see any promise in them being anything other than a blip in time for the history books to use as an example of folk who didn't get it?

I think times are leaving you behind snowy .

The tectonic plates are moving away from globalisation .

Let's see what happens in the e u elections , not just in the u.k either .

Now Shane, back to the original point

sheff utd have just been promoted ,with predominantly home grown players , and a local manager , chris wilder ,who incidentally has just beaten klopp and Guardiola to the manager of the year .

They have an anti cheque book policy .

So that's two of us turning the clock back , as you call it .

You didn't answer my question either .

How did man utd - liverpool - forest and villa win all those European cups without foreign ownership and predominantly British and Irish players .

Or real Madrid and Barcelona have all their recent success , with Spanish players and Spanish ownership ?

Answers on a postcard please 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I think times are leaving you behind snowy .
The tectonic plates are moving away from globalisation .
Let's see what happens in the e u elections , not just in the u.k either .
Now Shane, back to the original point
 sheff utd have just been promoted ,with predominantly home grown players , and a local manager , chris wilder ,who incidentally has just beaten klopp and Guardiola to the manager of the year .
They have an anti cheque book policy .
So that's two of us turning the clock back , as you call it .
You didn't answer my question either .
How did man utd - liverpool - forest and villa win all those European cups without foreign ownership and predominantly British and Irish players .
Or real Madrid and Barcelona have all their recent success , with Spanish players and Spanish ownership ?
Answers on a postcard please 

Globalisation has been occurring since before the time of the Roman Empire. It just takes different forms as happened In this and the last century. So no - this is a blip, but that’s all. A blip.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ssiri said:

Globalisation has been occurring since before the time of the Roman Empire. It just takes different forms as happened In this and the last century. So no - this is a blip, but that’s all. A blip.

I don't think so - 

We never had mass movement on this scale ,of slave labour to satisfy the wealth of the elites in Roman times or until recently .

The breaking down of borders , and the erosion of national identity is a very new phenomenon as well .

We didn't have countries like the u.s, under previous presidents, decimating areas of the middle east , to plunder oil , and build pipelines extracting that wealth ,in Roman times either .

Globalisation on this massive scale is a modern phenomenon .

Intentional destruction of countries and the displacement of peoples is a very modern phenomenon as well .

And getting back to my point,  owning football clubs in the premiership to wash and launder money is another modern phenomenon , by foreign owners .

What ever happened to the days , when Celtic won the European cup in 1967, all of those players were born within 30 miles of park head. 

Look at Scottish football now 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

England are producing great players, semi finals of the world cup last year, a strong exiting premiership with great players from all over the world has made this possible, ours lads learn off them.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

I don't think so - 
We never had mass movement on this scale ,of slave labour to satisfy the wealth of the elites in Roman times or until recently .
The breaking down of borders , and the erosion of national identity is a very new phenomenon as well .
We didn't have countries like the u.s, under previous presidents, decimating areas of the middle east , to plunder oil , and build pipelines extracting that wealth ,in Roman times either .
Intentional destruction of countries and the displacement of peoples is a very modern phenomenon as well .
And getting back to my point,  owning football clubs in the premiership to wash and launder money is another modern phenomenon , by foreign owners .
What ever happened to the days , when Celtic won the European cup in 1967, all of those players were born within 30 miles of park head. 

We will just have to agree to disagree.,

2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

I don't think so - 

Ever heard of Roman Slaves, there society depended on them

Have a look at any map of Europe up until about 1880 and see if you can spot any of the countries sat within their  present day borders

No? The Romans did it, the Scadanavians did it, the Normans did it, the Spaniards did it, the Dutch and Brits did it, the Moors did it, the Arabs did it, the Chinese did it, the Turks did it, I think you need to read some history.

Ever heard of the Dutch East India company, what about the East India company, the Hanseatic League, what about Rothchild, Vanderbilt, Rockerfella

Ever heard of Genghis Khan, the Czars of Russia, the Muhgal Empire, the Ottoman Empire, Leopold king of the Belgians, most of the Chinese Emperors , the Spanish conquistidors

Unfortunately the world has moved on, and in the same way that education, and just about every service under the sun has been commoditised so has football and sport so that a profit can be squeezed out of it, with the acquiescence of our own govts. 

Edited by BacktoDemocracy