Perthbum

Boris favorite for next Tory leader

Not as daft as he makes out, infact he is a very intelligent man,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Congratulations 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Has he renounced his US citizenship yet ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

He is Machiavellian, which is altogether a different type of intelligence, similar to psychopathy being a form of intelligence (but not necessarily a form of intelligence people traditionally aspire to)

• Like 1

Hope this is a joke.  He's intelligent all right- but entirely and utterly self-interested.

• Like 2

Surely no one who has not had a full lobotamy would vote for the bafoon? Even if I was inclined to vote consersative I wouldn't be stupid enough to vote for him any working/middle class voter that wants him in needs a friggin reality check!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Surely no one who has not had a full lobotamy would vote for the bafoon? Even if I was inclined to vote consersative I wouldn't be stupid enough to vote for him any working/middle class voter that wants him in needs a friggin reality check!!

Churchill was also a buffoon.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

14 minutes ago, newjez said:

We aren't in a war.

PR (100) Planning to move to Perth September 2021

Boris has his moments, and for a long time I thought his ambition to succeed would also see Britain succeed.  He was however an utterly useless foreign secretary, and screwed up his one chance to show he was a statesman.  Shame.  Not for me.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

PR (100) Planning to move to Perth September 2021

1 hour ago, newjez said:

A different class of buffoon, Churchill did have a brain and had class and a high degree of courage and a sense of duty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

We aren't in a war.

Well ??? Maybe a civil one.

I can think of many better candidates than Boris.

But we have had buffoons before and survived. 

Plus, we'll have water cannons galore to blast the anti Tory scribbles off the walls.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

A different class of buffoon, Churchill did have a brain and had class and a high degree of courage and a sense of duty.

And a temper, and a tendency to upset, and an inability to see his own mistakes or flaws, lack of foresight...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newjez said:

And a temper, and a tendency to upset, and an inability to see his own mistakes or flaws, lack of foresight...

Yes, the first four I would agree, but then which leaders can see their own flaws or mistakes and upsetting people comes with the territory,  I don't think you can say he lacked foresight, he saw the dangers of a resurgent Germany and he changed sides politically when he disagreed  on party policy, he continued on when he was well past his 'sell by date' which

H was a product of his time and class and has to bear some responsibility for the terrible mess between the wars, but when you compare him to the politicians around him in that period he is no worse and certainly sometimes better than most, he was the man of the hour in 39/40, he was a nationalist opposing another nationalist, no one else was up the job, Hitler could never have been negotiated with as Russia found out to its cost. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, starlight7 said:

Hope this is a joke.  He's intelligent all right- but entirely and utterly self-interested.

Name one leader who isn't or wasn't.

5 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Who would you vote for?

4 hours ago, newjez said:

You have shown a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to history, in most of your past posts,  dont think anyone takes any notice of some of your ridiculous uneducated statements these days to be honest.

Edited by Perthbum
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

He was also a lying asshole!  Ask anybody from Bomber Command..

Name one leader who isn't or wasn't.

Nelson Mandela
  • Like 1

Who would you vote for?

Not Boris (or Farago).

11 hours ago, Bulya said:

He was also a lying asshole!  Ask anybody from Bomber Command..

I think it was 'Bomber' Harris who was more responsible than anyone.

After the war and the war crime trials the bombing program pursued by Harris had to be glossed over as the Germans could have made a case of a unlawful policy which would have made the trials a completely different matter

There were concerns expressed by prosecutors at the Nuremberg trials about how senior British military and political figures could have found themselves facing similar trials over some parts of wartime policy, particularly the bombing raids if the outcome of the war had gone the other way.

I am no fan of Churchill and his politics, but I do think his failings have to be considered in the context of other leaders of the time and who else was there that would have done a better job in the late 30's/40's

• Like 1

On 08/05/2019 at 19:27, starlight7 said:

Like 99% of politicians throughout the world then?! 

Edited by Sandgroper

21 hours ago, newjez said:

Agreed but a strong leader when needed,the country soon got rid when he had served his purpose.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

8 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Agreed but a strong leader when needed,the country soon got rid when he had served his purpose.

He was Prime Minister when he was 80.

I want it all, and I want it now.