You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Why are non Australians even allowed to participate in this discussion ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Well done for insulting every Australian in one go.

I wasn’t even referencing just Australians in that comment.  And I said “most” not “every”.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

5 minutes ago, Parley said:

Believe it or not whichever mob you lot vote in to office will impact everyone living here.

• Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

On 09/05/2019 at 15:48, Paul1Perth said:

I think both leaders have older kids anyway don't they? They might have left home already.

No - both leaders have primary school age children.

The three of us sat around the kitchen table tonight and discussed voting.  Agreed, a rarity, and a change for two of us.  First vote for daughter.  

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Same reason you’re allowed to offer your thoughts on Brexit - despite having no relationship with the country of your birth - freedom of speech.

You wouldn’t want to shut down freedom of speech would you Parley?

• Like 1

Well done for insulting every Australian in one go.

It’s a global issue, so don’t be quick to take offence.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Saurer Pfirsich said:

Same reason you’re allowed to offer your thoughts on Brexit - despite having no relationship with the country of your birth - freedom of speech.

I am British so entitled to stated my views on Brexit.

I am also Australian.

It is just galling that the ones with the most shrill opinions are often those who have no right to vote.

I want it all, and I want it now.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

I am also Australian.

It is just galling that the ones with the most shrill opinions are often those who have no right to vote.

Why do you never defend the rights of those Australians who speak against brexit? 

• Like 2

When we vote, if only......

Cheers, Bobj.

I am also Australian.

That’s ridiculous. You have to be a citizen of a country to have an opinion? So if you are British or Australian or from India or a citizen of one of the countries in Africa, and the current American/Chinese trade war gives your retirement fund a battering (world shares/markets being affected). You best not have an opinion or express a concern about the change in status of your retirement fund because you aren’t American or Chinese?

From a climate change perspective if your country is leading the way in initiatives to better meet and go beyond its international obligations (which it isn’t but humour us), as a leader in the area calling out the stragglers be they world super powers (America/China etc.) or assisting poorer countries (is none of your business because you are Australian, and not a citizen of anywhere else (other than Britain)?

Oh for those heady days of old at the turn of the last century, when isolationism was a legitimate policy and globalisation was managed through an Empire! (Not).

• Like 1

No, freedom of speech is only for Australians (in their opinion, not their constitution or values) to hold forth on the rest of the world, the rest of us aren’t afforded that option.

As Brits, we tend not to give to much stock to that though - since the actual Raison d’etre of the Aus constitution is more principled and value led - and worth more than the opinion of those who seek to stifle healthy debate, by seeking to wrap themselves up in their flag.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Parley said:

Unless the rules have been secretly changed,  "non Australians" are allowed to participate in any discussion on PIO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Skani said:

Unless the rules have been secretly changed,  "non Australians" are allowed to participate in any discussion on PIO.

No rule changes Skani … carry on lol

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 01/05/2019 at 10:50, Rossmoyne said:

I have lived in Australia for almost 30 years, been a Citizen for 27 of those years, so I have voted many times.   However this time I have no idea who I vote for.    It seems to me that all the major parties are tossers who lie and cheat... and then there are so many other small parties and independents (who mostly have issues that tie them in with major parties).  Who on earth do you vote for so that the Australia you know and love, continues the same.   Love to hear what you think about this as I feel this is an election that really could change Australia even more, and we need to get this right!!

Dont vote, if you do not like any of them, its your democratic right.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

23 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Dont vote, if you do not like any of them, its your democratic right.

I don't want to pay the fine

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

4 minutes ago, ali said:

I don't want to pay the fine

Some democratic country that forces you to vote hey. Do they drag you to the poll station?

7 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Some democratic country that forces you to vote hey. Do they drag you to the poll station?

Yeah, they turn up in a van and round us up!!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ali said:

Yeah, they turn up in a van and round us up!!

Thats disgusting, Like Nazi Germany.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Toots said:

We are just back from voting.

Et moi aussi.

cCheers, Bobj.

• Like 1