I got my Visa!! Timeline for others reference.

Hey guys,

I really struggled to find timelines for the 820/801 on shore Visa applications as a reference to how long mine might take. I got my permanent residence email through today! So after lots of tears and celebrations I just thought I'd share my timeline for others currently still waiting on their own visas! It's so hard having absolutely no hint or indication from immi and the current wait times are exploding which can be depressing! 

So! 

I flew back to Australia in March 2018 on a tourist visa. 

I did not use an agent, I submitted my fully loaded (all police checks, medical done straight away, all forms and evidence completed etc) on April 27th 2018. Current Visa wait time when I applied was 17-24 months. Yuck. 

We had been living together for over three years when we applied so I included a letter asking to be considered for immediate processing of my 801 with my 820 Visa (Long term partnership). 

After hearing nothing for months we recieved an email in October 2018 asking for a UK police check for my partner as he had lived with me in the UK for a year. I had already planned ahead and applied for this already so I uploaded it straight away (I had actually forgotten to add it once it arrived!). 

After this we heard nothing for ages. I applied for "change of address" and for a Bridging visa B in order to visit home during this time all of which was processed smoothly. Some of my friends seemed to think these updates kept your profile more "active" keeping it at the top of the pile but I don't know how accurate this is, I doubt it to be honest!

Then I received an automated message on April 27th 2019 (exactly one year after applying) giving me a generic notice that my Visa WAS in a queue and being processed. I didn't know what to make of this. If it was just automatically sent after one year or really meant a CO had picked up our case and was moving it along... (I still don't know...). 

Then today, May 1st 2019 I received my 820 and 801 Visa grant notifications simultaneously by email! 

I'd also like to mention that every three or four months I would "top up" my evidence with more info on our joint accounts, rent payments, holidays, family events etc. I wanted to show our relationship to be strong and continuing. 

So all in all my application only took one year!! Much shorter than the current advertised processing time of 21-28 months! Which is JUST for the temporary part technically. 

So don't lose hope guys! Keep updating your info. Give them EVERYTHING they could possibly need. Don't wait to be asked for police checks or medical info just in case they might "go out of date". Get it ALL in and make your case as easy to process as possible! 

Good luck! I'm off to drink more champagne! 🙂

• Like 2

Hi Hanbanan,

Firstly - congratulations!

Can I ask what your country of origin is? I'm from the UK.

I applied for my Partner Visa  onshore16th March 2018. I had been living with my partner for over 3 years at that point, just like you.

I completed and uploaded my medicals and police certificates in November 2018, and every 3-4 months I upload further evidence like updates on social media, invitations, mortgage applications etc.

I have only ever received the auto-email from them saying it has been a year and I'm in a queue.

There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reasoning behind their processing times!

Fingers crossed I get lucky soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on getting the visa. When you arrived on the tourist visa, did you have to wait 3 months until it expired to go into the bridging visa 820 when you’d applied? I’m wondering if I won’t have work rights for 3 months if when I apply it doesn’t convert over to bridging visa.

thanks 

5 hours ago, SallyOrange said:

Thanks for sharing your experience and congratulations on getting the visa. When you arrived on the tourist visa, did you have to wait 3 months until it expired to go into the bridging visa 820 when you’d applied? I’m wondering if I won’t have work rights for 3 months if when I apply it doesn’t convert over to bridging visa.

thanks 

The Bridging Visa will not come into effect until the tourist visa expires. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 08:58, SKK00001 said:

Hi Hanbanan,

Firstly - congratulations!

Can I ask what your country of origin is? I'm from the UK.

I applied for my Partner Visa  onshore16th March 2018. I had been living with my partner for over 3 years at that point, just like you.

I completed and uploaded my medicals and police certificates in November 2018, and every 3-4 months I upload further evidence like updates on social media, invitations, mortgage applications etc.

I have only ever received the auto-email from them saying it has been a year and I'm in a queue.

There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reasoning behind their processing times!

Fingers crossed I get lucky soon!

I'm from the UK too! Hopefully yours will be along soon! 

On 23/05/2019 at 05:03, SallyOrange said:

thanks 

Hey, yeah, I had to wait the three months before my bridging visa kicked in. It's frustrating and hard on the bank account but it gave me all the free time I needed to submit a really detailed and thorough application! 

• 2 weeks later...