register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

WizardofOz2018

190 Visa waiting 8 months since lodgement

Posted (edited)

Hi, I know it's hard not to feel despondent, but has anyone waited longer than 8 months for their 190 visa? Lodged 4 Sept 2018, so on Saturday 4 May it will be 8 months exactly since lodging.  Everything is in - we did not front load, Had CO contact  in Dec for Police and Medicals and a second contact in Feb for further info, so everything is submitted including Form 80 at the lodgement time. I know there is no way of predicting anything. 

I was just wondering how common it is to be waiting longer than 8 months ( DIBP website said 9-11 months for a while , now changed back to 8-10 months).

Im glad in a way I have a MA - it would do my head in if I could log into my own immiaccount every day like some people have eluded to.  

Edited by WizardofOz2018

Hi Wizard

Currently 1wk into my wait so cant really comment on much but as you say it does say 8 - 10months processing times.

You've had CO contact so you know someone is looking at it, maybe the extra evidence has delayed you a little bit. Also everything slows this time of year so that probably isn't helping.

Just try and relax and your time will come soon.

We are still waiting for a grant and we are past the 10 months. Really starting to lose all hope. 😩

On 01/05/2019 at 08:07, WizardofOz2018 said:

Hi, I know it's hard not to feel despondent, but has anyone waited longer than 8 months for their 190 visa? Lodged 4 Sept 2018, so on Saturday 4 May it will be 8 months exactly since lodging.  Everything is in - we did not front load, Had CO contact  in Dec for Police and Medicals and a second contact in Feb for further info, so everything is submitted including Form 80 at the lodgement time. I know there is no way of predicting anything. 

I was just wondering how common it is to be waiting longer than 8 months ( DIBP website said 9-11 months for a while , now changed back to 8-10 months).

Im glad in a way I have a MA - it would do my head in if I could log into my own immiaccount every day like some people have eluded to.  

Processing times are very erratic across the range of visa subclasses at the moment.

There are a number of factors affecting this, including the end of the Migration Program Year in June and an imminent election and possible change of Government.

Usually near the end of the migration program year, processing becomes unpredictable as some categories have already reached their ceiling, while others scramble to finalise easy cases to get the numbers in.

Don't lose hope, the finish line is in sight. 

• Like 1

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

On 05/05/2019 at 22:53, Raul Senise said:

Processing times are very erratic across the range of visa subclasses at the moment.

There are a number of factors affecting this, including the end of the Migration Program Year in June and an imminent election and possible change of Government.

Usually near the end of the migration program year, processing becomes unpredictable as some categories have already reached their ceiling, while others scramble to finalise easy cases to get the numbers in.

Don't lose hope, the finish line is in sight. 

Hi @Raul Senise,

thanks for your response, we are still waiting.

As an agent would you be contacting the case officer if the processing time goes out with the published times? We will be 11 months at the end of the week.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

The processing time for  subclass 190 visa does take a longer time. Though it depends upon number of factors and is really unpredictable, but the it normally takes about 12 months or so to do so. 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed hyperlink