190 Visa waiting 8 months since lodgement

Hi, I know it's hard not to feel despondent, but has anyone waited longer than 8 months for their 190 visa? Lodged 4 Sept 2018, so on Saturday 4 May it will be 8 months exactly since lodging.  Everything is in - we did not front load, Had CO contact  in Dec for Police and Medicals and a second contact in Feb for further info, so everything is submitted including Form 80 at the lodgement time. I know there is no way of predicting anything. 

I was just wondering how common it is to be waiting longer than 8 months ( DIBP website said 9-11 months for a while , now changed back to 8-10 months).

Im glad in a way I have a MA - it would do my head in if I could log into my own immiaccount every day like some people have eluded to.  

Edited by WizardofOz2018

Hi Wizard

Currently 1wk into my wait so cant really comment on much but as you say it does say 8 - 10months processing times.

You've had CO contact so you know someone is looking at it, maybe the extra evidence has delayed you a little bit. Also everything slows this time of year so that probably isn't helping.

Just try and relax and your time will come soon.

On 01/05/2019 at 08:07, WizardofOz2018 said:

Hi, I know it's hard not to feel despondent, but has anyone waited longer than 8 months for their 190 visa? Lodged 4 Sept 2018, so on Saturday 4 May it will be 8 months exactly since lodging.  Everything is in - we did not front load, Had CO contact  in Dec for Police and Medicals and a second contact in Feb for further info, so everything is submitted including Form 80 at the lodgement time. I know there is no way of predicting anything. 

I was just wondering how common it is to be waiting longer than 8 months ( DIBP website said 9-11 months for a while , now changed back to 8-10 months).

Im glad in a way I have a MA - it would do my head in if I could log into my own immiaccount every day like some people have eluded to.  

Processing times are very erratic across the range of visa subclasses at the moment.

There are a number of factors affecting this, including the end of the Migration Program Year in June and an imminent election and possible change of Government.

Usually near the end of the migration program year, processing becomes unpredictable as some categories have already reached their ceiling, while others scramble to finalise easy cases to get the numbers in.

Don't lose hope, the finish line is in sight. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 22:53, Raul Senise said:

Processing times are very erratic across the range of visa subclasses at the moment.

There are a number of factors affecting this, including the end of the Migration Program Year in June and an imminent election and possible change of Government.

Usually near the end of the migration program year, processing becomes unpredictable as some categories have already reached their ceiling, while others scramble to finalise easy cases to get the numbers in.

Don't lose hope, the finish line is in sight. 

Hi @Raul Senise,

thanks for your response, we are still waiting.

As an agent would you be contacting the case officer if the processing time goes out with the published times? We will be 11 months at the end of the week.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/05/2019 at 13:32, Lavers said:

Hi Wizard

Currently 1wk into my wait so cant really comment on much but as you say it does say 8 - 10months processing times.

You've had CO contact so you know someone is looking at it, maybe the extra evidence has delayed you a little bit. Also everything slows this time of year so that probably isn't helping.

Just try and relax and your time will come soon.

Hi - I have now just reached 279 days since lodgement (almost 10 months) - and the goalposts have moved again it is now saying 11 and 14 months processing. I was hoping it would have been processed before their new batch. Anyway, keep patient as you say and my time will come soon...Thanks for the reassurance. 🙂

On 13/05/2019 at 11:44, Emma_M said:

Hi @Raul Senise,

thanks for your response, we are still waiting.

As an agent would you be contacting the case officer if the processing time goes out with the published times? We will be 11 months at the end of the week.

Thanks

Hi Emma I was wondering the same - when you get to the ''end'' of the processing times - what happens then - do you have an opportunity to contact the DIBP? It was 8-10 months up until recently and my MA said you cant do anything until the 10 months, and suddenly in the last few weeks it has changed to 11-14 months! That will mean at 14 months both the police  checks and medicals will have expired.  What do you have to do then?

Good luck with your waiting too.  My 190 is for Victoria, 251111. 

On 13/05/2019 at 13:24, Sheral Singh said:

The processing time for  subclass 190 visa does take a longer time. Though it depends upon number of factors and is really unpredictable, but the it normally takes about 12 months or so to do so. 

Hi Sorry I have not been on here for a while - I know tell me about it ---- it was 8-10 months then now it says 11-14 months processing time. if its 14 months then our police checks and medicals will expire - i have no idea what will happen then if thats the case.  Oh dear do you have to do them again even though you had no control over it?

Forever hopeful. 

All the best 

Hi @WizardofOz2018,

Yes we are still waiting too, now on day 346 😭, I’m pretty sure our medicals and police checks have ran out now although I’m not entirely sure of the dates.

We front loaded all our docs including medicals so we weren’t asked for them so technically our fault they’ve ran out. At the time we were applying everything was moving really quickly eoi, nomination etc so our agent had suggested we front load everything, regretting that decision now!

I suppose we just have to wait again for contact from a co to ask for them again, our agent had said with the medicals you can do a sort of refresher so it doesn’t cost as much so that’s not too bad I suppose as we were over £1000 for medicals as we are a family of 5. 

I’m trying to stay positive now and look at as if the co knew our medicals etc were expiring and didn’t want to give us a grant with such short entry date so has waited until they expire so we have a full year to make first entry now, maybe that’s just wishful thinking though 🤣

Fingers crosses for both of us, hopefully hear back soon xx

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 08:30, WizardofOz2018 said:

Hi Sorry I have not been on here for a while - I know tell me about it ---- it was 8-10 months then now it says 11-14 months processing time. if its 14 months then our police checks and medicals will expire - i have no idea what will happen then if thats the case.  Oh dear do you have to do them again even though you had no control over it?

Forever hopeful. 

All the best 

It usually takes lesser time then 12 months for Subclass 190 visa. It usually takes about 8 to 10 months, approximately. Though as said it depend on various factors, but yes, if everything goes in a glossy way then it would take a lesser time. 

All the best!!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed hyperlink

On 25/06/2019 at 11:17, Sheral Singh said:

It usually takes lesser time then 12 months for Subclass 190 visa. It usually takes about 8 to 10 months, approximately. Though as said it depend on various factors, but yes, if everything goes in a glossy way then it would take a lesser time. 

All the best!!

Thank you @Sheral Singh I know we must be in the system somewhere... maybe just maybe one of these fine days. Although the DIBP processing changed recently to 9 to 13 months I think.

On 28/06/2019 at 01:25, WizardofOz2018 said:

Thank you @Sheral Singh I know we must be in the system somewhere... maybe just maybe one of these fine days. Although the DIBP processing changed recently to 9 to 13 months I think.

Most of the time it is an approximate time. All of the things come down the type of visa you have filed and whether you have filed the right sort if visa or not. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/06/2019 at 12:34, Emma_M said:

Hi @WizardofOz2018,

Yes we are still waiting too, now on day 346 😭, I’m pretty sure our medicals and police checks have ran out now although I’m not entirely sure of the dates.

We front loaded all our docs including medicals so we weren’t asked for them so technically our fault they’ve ran out. At the time we were applying everything was moving really quickly eoi, nomination etc so our agent had suggested we front load everything, regretting that decision now!

I suppose we just have to wait again for contact from a co to ask for them again, our agent had said with the medicals you can do a sort of refresher so it doesn’t cost as much so that’s not too bad I suppose as we were over £1000 for medicals as we are a family of 5. 

I’m trying to stay positive now and look at as if the co knew our medicals etc were expiring and didn’t want to give us a grant with such short entry date so has waited until they expire so we have a full year to make first entry now, maybe that’s just wishful thinking though 🤣

Fingers crosses for both of us, hopefully hear back soon xx

Hi Emma ,

What is your immigration at the moment? I am also waiting since 8 months.Please let me know.

1 hour ago, Emma_M said:

Hi, gurinder, 

We are still waiting, it’s now been 13 months 😭, just trying not to think about it anymore. I’ve got a feeling it’s just not going to happen. Hopefully you won’t be waiting as long as us.

Hi Emma have you not been told anything off your MA?

8 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi, gurinder, 

We are still waiting, it’s now been 13 months 😭, just trying not to think about it anymore. I’ve got a feeling it’s just not going to happen. Hopefully you won’t be waiting as long as us.

Average processing tine is 9-13 months.why they are taking so much time?You should communicate with them.

1 hour ago, gurinder kaur said:

Average processing tine is 9-13 months.why they are taking so much time?You should communicate with them.

1 hour ago, gurinder kaur said:

Processing time updated today,now it is 10-15 months.So frustrating.

Our agent contacted them on the 17th June to find out what what taking so long as we haven’t heard anything since the 6th of March. Still no reply.

We will be 13 months tomorrow, every time we hit the processing time it’s increased further!

• 5 months later...

Yes it’s been really frustrating, the hold up was form 1229 permission for my eldest to emigrate, although his father had filled in all the forms they wanted to call him to check details and were unsuccessful so this dragged things on and on, back and forth.

We eventually got asked for either the form again or a statutory declaration signed by a solicitor so went with the stat declaration this time, by then our medicals and police checks had both expired so are redoing them, all again full price over £1500 for us all, and my ex had a cheek to moan about the price of the stat declaration £120 😂, would’ve cost him nothing if he’d just answered the phone!!

anyway rant over!

hopefully it won’t be too long now, we’re hoping to make our activation trip next winter.

• Like 1