Eligibility for Management Consultant 224711 under 489 visa

54 minutes ago, scorpio_sam said:

I am a 40 yr old offshore applicant, around 5 years work experience in  Management consultant 224711, wanted to confirm which state I am eligible for to apply under 489 visa ( 60 +10).  Please reply.

Is your MC experience to external consultants as from what I've been reading VetAssess have been knocking back MC applications that do not have a predominantly "delivered to external clients" bias

On 29/04/2019 at 20:24, Ausvisitor said:

Is your MC experience to external consultants as from what I've been reading VetAssess have been knocking back MC applications that do not have a predominantly "delivered to external clients" bias

thanks for your reply. yes my profile is very much into handling external clients. 

4 minutes ago, scorpio_sam said:

thanks for your reply. yes my profile is very much into handling external clients. 

Assuming you have a relevant degree (business related like an MBA) and a history of working with one of the Big Four and superior English I believe NSW is offering 190 invites for MC.

But without a relevant degree you will struggle as VetAssess take 4-6 years off your work experience if your degree isn't relevant

On 30/04/2019 at 06:07, wrussell said:

There are limited opportunities for  management consultants  to apply for a state or territory nomination. Depending on your English language test outcome, you might be eligible to apply to the NT.

Thanks for the response, provided my English scores are good, is it worthwhile to just depend on NT, isn't TAS as well inviting MC under 489. Also, what would be the cut-off score for NT and how long is the wait for?  Cheers!!

16 minutes ago, scorpio_sam said:

Thanks for the response, provided my English scores are good, is it worthwhile to just depend on NT, isn't TAS as well inviting MC under 489. Also, what would be the cut-off score for NT and how long is the wait for?  Cheers!!

Have you looked at the (very limited ) job opportunities in the NT for this occupation? 

6 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Assuming you have a relevant degree (business related like an MBA) and a history of working with one of the Big Four and superior English I believe NSW is offering 190 invites for MC.

But without a relevant degree you will struggle as VetAssess take 4-6 years off your work experience if your degree isn't relevant

By qualification,  I am BBA + MMM + PGDBA (Finance) having 7 years of  experience in MC (Dubai),  2 years as a support worker in Australia (Wollongong) and currently working as a Director in a Logistics company (DXB).  My experience is not with Big 4, but with Tier -2 companies in different countries which has the Management consultancy tag in the company name itself. Currently, my score is 60+10 (under 489) but, if I go for 190 NSW,  wouldn't my  score go down to 65.  Would that be advisable ? Also, is there any option open for support workers or caregivers as I heard lately that there's lot of preference given to them under new visa categories . Thanks!!

18 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Have you looked at the (very limited ) job opportunities in the NT for this occupation? 

Will have to take some chances and ready to take up other options until I get a job in my field.  Just to know, is it mandatory to work in our respective field itself to further apply for 887 PR visa?  

No for the 489 to 887 you just need to be employed full time for twelve months in a specified regional area it doesn’t matter what employment, as well as living in a specified area for 2 years.  At least those are the current rules......

You will have to weigh up career progression against these options too. 

13 hours ago, scorpio_sam said:

By qualification,  I am BBA + MMM + PGDBA (Finance) having 7 years of  experience in MC (Dubai),  2 years as a support worker in Australia (Wollongong) and currently working as a Director in a Logistics company (DXB).  My experience is not with Big 4, but with Tier -2 companies in different countries which has the Management consultancy tag in the company name itself. Currently, my score is 60+10 (under 489) but, if I go for 190 NSW,  wouldn't my  score go down to 65.  Would that be advisable ? Also, is there any option open for support workers or caregivers as I heard lately that there's lot of preference given to them under new visa categories . Thanks!!

Have you had VetAssess look at your Management Consulting experience and give an assessment?

Until you get that there really isn't much point to applying, as MC seems to be one of the anzsco codes that gets a high amount of rejection from VetAssess