register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Royal Baby Boy or Girl?

6 minutes ago, newjez said:

Not really much difference between your comments and Danny baker's, and you do realise it, which in many ways makes yours worse as it's deliberate racism.

Perhaps he is highlighting how silly the whole thing is.

All little kids get called cheeky monkeys and it is affectionate. So it is not racist at all if the child happens to be mixed race.

• Like 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

18 hours ago, newjez said:

Sailing close to the wind mate.

C'mon look at the avatar and you'll get the comment, are you really that surprised? 

• Haha 1

On 10/05/2019 at 03:11, Toots said:

Diana met with Hewitt for the first time when Harry was 2 years old.

Thats true but the haters still bang on about it, hewitt himself said harry was 2 when they met, there has never ever been a photo of them together before harry was 2 years old.

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

5 hours ago, Parley said:

Perhaps he is highlighting how silly the whole thing is.

All little kids get called cheeky monkeys and it is affectionate. So it is not racist at all if the child happens to be mixed race.

I guess it comes down to intent.

• Haha 1

On 11/05/2019 at 22:14, newjez said:

I don't think anyone is denying Diana was the mother.

Dont think anyone is denying Charles is the father.

On 14/05/2019 at 04:26, Paul1Perth said:

I was meaning respect for all types. Police, teachers, parents and even each other. Seems to be the first thing that pops into youngsters heads these days is to challenge and provoke. Specially if they can film it and get on TV. Usually for the wrong reasons but what the heck, I've been on TV.

I suppose you are talking about how you feel about the Royals too. There are still lots of people who have respect for them. It's not right to generalise and assume everyone thinks the same.

Respect from kids for teachers was lost when left wing teachers told kids to call them by their first name and not "Sir" weak weak adults have lost this generation of kids.

9 hours ago, newjez said:

Not really much difference between your comments and Danny baker's, and you do realise it, which in many ways makes yours worse as it's deliberate racism.

Report him to the internet police, its your duty,

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Respect from kids for teachers was lost when left wing teachers told kids to call them by their first name and not "Sir" 

What rubbish!   None of the schools my children or grandchildren attended (or where my children were teachers themselves) ever called their teachers by their first name.  Lack of respect is a much broader societal issue. 

3 hours ago, Skani said:

What rubbish!   None of the schools my children or grandchildren attended (or where my children were teachers themselves) ever called their teachers by their first name.  Lack of respect is a much broader societal issue. 

It works both ways. People and governments get respect when they are deserving of respect.

Edited by newjez

3 hours ago, Skani said:

The (three, thus far) schools my granddaughters have attended have all had teachers called by their first names. It is in Canberra though, snowflake capital, so that might have something to do with it. They would never think of Sir or Miss-ing anyone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Respect from kids for teachers was lost when left wing teachers told kids to call them by their first name and not "Sir" weak weak adults have lost this generation of kids.

It's more than if you call them by their first name or not. Some teachers can get away with first name stuff and still have respect from kids. Some may demand to be called sir or miss and never get shown respect.

I reckon you know pretty quick as a kid who is going to get respect and who you can wind up.

2 hours ago, newjez said:

It works both ways. People and governments get respect when they are deserving of respect.

When has a government been good enough to have respect.....but teachers years ago did have respect because they did not let classes run riot like many do today, kids today know they can say anything to teachers as society has gone left wing and PC soft.

14 hours ago, Perthbum said:

The school my daughter teaches in  the children call the teachers Miss xxx or Mr xxx.  I have to admit when my son was at school the sports teachers were referred to by their first names or nicknames and they called my son by his nickname .. as an Oldie I wasn't too sure about that at all.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows