Does it make a difference if you use a migration agent to time taken to get invited?

Submitted EOi, but wondering if we should use an agent? We can do the form, just not sure if agents know things we don't know, and if it speeds things up? 

Anyone changed to using an agent and found any significant improvement? 

Thanks

You seem to have a lot of questions, often if you are unsure about things it can be a great help to consult a reputable agent many who post on this site 

agents most definitely know things you don’t, and as the situation re visas changes frequently they can often make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful visa application 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shaunfreo said:

You seem to have a lot of questions, often if you are unsure about things it can be a great help to consult a reputable agent many who post on this site 

agents most definitely know things you don’t, and as the situation re visas changes frequently they can often make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful visa application 

Thank you.

Yes - lots of questions popping into my head since submitting the EOI. 

Just want to get things right, and give ourselves the best chance.

Have you already had your career assessed (VetAssess or similar) and taken any English exams you need for extra points.

People often assume that getting superior English is easy, it isn't (it's not impossible either) and the way the assessing bodies determine years that are applicable for experience is a complete mystery to everyone.

If you haven't done these yet you can't be sure the points total you have given in your EOI is correct and if after getting an invite it transpires you over estimated the application will be void and you may get a ban from reapplying. This is why we used an agent, to double check everything. 

The actual process is straightforward but as someone else said this isn't a cheap process so the cost of an agent to take away the stress is (in my mind anyway) worth paying

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Have you already had your career assessed (VetAssess or similar) and taken any English exams you need for extra points.

People often assume that getting superior English is easy, it isn't (it's not impossible either) and the way the assessing bodies determine years that are applicable for experience is a complete mystery to everyone.

If you haven't done these yet you can't be sure the points total you have given in your EOI is correct and if after getting an invite it transpires you over estimated the application will be void and you may get a ban from reapplying. This is why we used an agent, to double check everything. 

The actual process is straightforward but as someone else said this isn't a cheap process so the cost of an agent to take away the stress is (in my mind anyway) worth paying

Hi,

Yes, got skills assessment and English complete and ready to go.

Thanks

My main concern is how to ask two states for nomination, and if I'll get anywhere selecting all states.

Might have to just choose one and try.

Officially, using an agent doesn't speed things up.   Unoffficially, I wonder.

It's pretty well accepted that if you use a tax agent to do your tax, it speeds things up.  Tax officials don't consciously fast-track them, but when they see a familiar professional's name on the forms, they immediately trust the information more, and are more likely to wave it through.  Whether that applies with migration, I don't know.