You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi all!

We are about to pay for the 309 visa, but does any one know if the sponsor can use their own credit card to pay for the 309 visa? I am the sponsor, and we would prefer to use my credit card to pay rather than one of my partners, or out of our bank account.

Thanks in advance.  🙂

Application Lodged 27/04/19 in London

Medical done 05/19

Police checks uploaded 07/19

Hoping to move 2020

2 hours ago, Scoop said:

Hi all!

We are about to pay for the 309 visa, but does any one know if the sponsor can use their own credit card to pay for the 309 visa? I am the sponsor, and we would prefer to use my credit card to pay rather than one of my partners, or out of our bank account.

Thanks in advance.  🙂

As long as its a card with sufficient credit on it, it doesn't matter whose card it is. 

Thanks so much! I thought I read somewhere a while ago that the applicant had to pay.

Medical done 05/19

Hoping to move 2020

2 hours ago, Scoop said:

Hi all!

Thanks in advance.  🙂

Hi,

Not in relation to your post but can I please ask if your personal statements about each other had to be hand written? 

Thank you. X

17 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi,

Not in relation to your post but can I please ask if your personal statements about each other had to be hand written? 

Thank you. X

Hi,

I haven't been asked for them yet! Is it something that comes after you pay?

Medical done 05/19

Hoping to move 2020

Just now, Scoop said:

Hi,

I haven't been asked for them yet! Is it something that comes after you pay?

Yes I believe so, but not sure if the statements can be typed or if they have to be hand written?

1 minute ago, Aussiebird said:

Yes I believe so, but not sure if the statements can be typed or if they have to be hand written?

I imagine either way is ok? Not 100% on that though. I have done 2 similar visas to this one to stay in the UK, and we typed our statements out. 

Medical done 05/19

Hoping to move 2020

1 minute ago, Scoop said:

I imagine either way is ok? Not 100% on that though. I have done 2 similar visas to this one to stay in the UK, and we typed our statements out. 

I'm looking through older posts but can't find anything that says typed or hand written!!

19 minutes ago, Scoop said:

May I also ask:

In My folder on my laptop, which is named Partner Visa, I have just counted 98 files in it, when I upload the folder to Immi, can the case officer just open it and see all of our evidence, such as photos, screenshots, documents etc...Or should it all be in different groups of evidence? I'm totally confused and got really upset today.

2 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

May I also ask:

In My folder on my laptop, which is named Partner Visa, I have just counted 98 files in it, when I upload the folder to Immi, can the case officer just open it and see all of our evidence, such as photos, screenshots, documents etc...Or should it all be in different groups of evidence? I'm totally confused and got really upset today.

You only get 100 slots in total.  Combine similar docs - e.g. I put all of my joint travel evidence in one word document, all of my social photos in one PDF etc.  Imagine you are the CO - one document with combined similar evidence will be easier to review than 16 different documents.

17/2/2019 Applied 309/100

04/03/2019 Police checks loaded

08/04/2019 Medicals complete

29/04/2019 RFI (sponsor residence permits and copy of government registration confirming address for past three years)

07/05/2019 Additional docs uploaded

09/05/2019 100 granted

Processed in Berlin, UK citizen resident in Netherlands.

11 year de-facto relationship, no kids, destination Melbourne!

Flights booked for 27/08/2019

9 hours ago, katlb82 said:

You only get 100 slots in total.  Combine similar docs - e.g. I put all of my joint travel evidence in one word document, all of my social photos in one PDF etc.  Imagine you are the CO - one document with combined similar evidence will be easier to review than 16 different documents.

This is what confuses me when it's some things in one word document,  photos in pdf.....I'm also reading other posts where people are saying everything to upload should be pdf......no wonder I'm confused! Is this how everything should be uploaded? 

Thank you for explaining though, it's just knowing how to do it though. I'm going to get some help. I really do need it!!

Edited by Aussiebird