143 Contributory Parent visa

Rasel Ali

Hi,

we are 2 brothers both in Aus on PR. We want to apply 143 visa offshore for our parents.

I have some questions . if someone can respond that will be highly appreciated.

1. for form 40 there has to be one sponsor or there can be two sponsors as well. if there are two sponsor does the case becomes more solid?

2. after submitting the application when does AOS bond kicks in..ie. after how much time we have to apply for this bond

3. after submitting the application if sponsor address changes and the address for the authorised recipient also changes (in our case both will be same person) how we notify 

the department about that...I have seen form 929 but it only address the applicant not the authorised recipient or sponsor. 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I am a newbie. 
I have a question. I applied 143 for my parents in 2016 and have submitted the supporting documents in Nov 2019. Today I called Centrelink today and was informed that the bank guarantee letter will be sent to me in two days, which is a good news. We have been waiting for so long. But Centrelink told me that I must make a bank deposit in 14 days. However I am currently in overseas and won’t be able to go back to Australia till the mid of February. I asked Centrelink for the extension. They said no and suggested me to contact the commbank. I called the bank and they said that I MUST make the bank guarantee in person. I called Centrelink so many times and didn’t have chance to talk to anyone. The line is always busy. It is frustrating. Does anyone know what will happen if I couldn’t make the deposits on time? Thank you very much. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Everyone

I have applied for visa 143 for my parents since April 2017.  So far, no communications at all from immigration.
Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it takes to get the visa once a case officer has been appointed?  Given that they are processing June 2016 applications now, I assume that it'll take at least a year before I receive any communication from immigration.

Does anyone also know whether the visa grant is guaranteed after they ask you to pay the visa fee of $48k per parent?

Many thanks
Kevin

33 minutes ago, Kevin2020 said:

Hi Everyone

I have applied for visa 143 for my parents since April 2017.  So far, no communications at all from immigration.
Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it takes to get the visa once a case officer has been appointed?  Given that they are processing June 2016 applications now, I assume that it'll take at least a year before I receive any communication from immigration.

Does anyone also know whether the visa grant is guaranteed after they ask you to pay the visa fee of $48k per parent?

Many thanks
Kevin

I’m june 2017 and am expecting to wait a further 3 years given that there was a huge spike in applications in 2016 and 2017  

Once you’ve paid you get the grant but I believe if there have been any medical concerns you will have to sign to have follow ups once in Australia. 

16 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m june 2017 and am expecting to wait a further 3 years given that there was a huge spike in applications in 2016 and 2017  

Once you’ve paid you get the grant but I believe if there have been any medical concerns you will have to sign to have follow ups once in Australia. 

Another 3 years?  This takes the total wait time to approx 6 years for us instead of the wait time of 3 years at the time of application.  There was a parent visa calculator that i used before which tells you how many people are still in the queue.  I have tried accessing it but the link does not seem to be working.  Do you know if there is a new link for it?  This would give us a reasonable idea re wait time i guess as there's only about 6,000 places each year.

8 minutes ago, Kevin2020 said:

Another 3 years?  This takes the total wait time to approx 6 years for us instead of the wait time of 3 years at the time of application.  There was a parent visa calculator that i used before which tells you how many people are still in the queue.  I have tried accessing it but the link does not seem to be working.  Do you know if there is a new link for it?  This would give us a reasonable idea re wait time i guess as there's only about 6,000 places each year.

The link has  been broken since early June. Maybe too many people were trying to access it! Originally the calculator was only for the non contributory visas as they are placed in a queue. Think it might have been something new that perhaps needs more tweaking. I put in my date when it first came out and it said nearly 23000 were in front of me - and as you say only approx 6000 a year granted. Simple maths!! 

Yes many people have been commenting on the fact that wait times are now stretching out and new applications made now are likely to take   8-9 years it even longer!  Don’t forget the pandemic and the closure of Australia’s borders until probably June next year will also hold things  up. People who applied in 2015 were told 18 months - they’ve all taken 4 years! 

Edited by LindaH27

3 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The link has  been broken since early June. Maybe too many people were trying to access it! Originally the calculator was only for the non contributory visas as they are placed in a queue. Think it might have been something new that perhaps needs more tweaking. I put in my date when it first came out and it said nearly 23000 were in front of me - and as you say only approx 6000 a year granted. Simple maths!! 

Yes many people have been commenting on the fact that wait times are now stretching out and new applications made now are likely to take   8-9 years it even longer!  Don’t forget the pandemic and the closure of Australia’s borders until probably June next year will also hold things  up. People who applied in 2015 were told 18 months - they’ve all taken 4 years! 

Thanks Linda, much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2020 at 21:32, LindaH27 said:

Hi Linda, thanks heaps for sharing the information. I've read various posts about the timeframe for CPV 143 & I'm keen to apply for mum. What's scaring me is the ~ wait time of 8years & when I add this to her current age, she could be just under 80 at the time of visa grant.

When are the medicals required & do you by any chance happen to know the criteria for these medicals? Any help is appreciated, I'd also try to check the link that shows the current queues.

Best regards, AK

You don’t need to do anything once the application is lodged until they actually  contact you for further documents, Medicals and  police clearances - and that won’t  happen till you reach the top of the queue in - as you say - 8 or 9 years  The Medicals and police  clearances  only last for 12 months so there’s no point in doing them any earlier.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Good evening everyone,

Would anyone know if there is a new email address we could reach the parent visa center at? We have just submitted a paper application and despite the courier delivery, no one has reached out to us confirming its receipt.

The people I reach via phone at Home Affairs have no idea about a paper applications' receipt.

That makes us quite worried. And I did do a search in the forum but that email address (parents@immi.gov.au) no longer seems to be valid.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Vlad

On 06/07/2019 at 14:47, johnboy100 said:

Hi all,

I am thinking of starting the long, long process of applying for a 143 CPV with the full knowledge that it might be in excess of 6 years by the time I reach the top of the queue! For planning purposes,  I was wondering how long do you get from when the CPV is granted to actually take up residence in Australia(as this will mean me selling my house in the UK when the time comes). From looking at some of the previous posts, it looks like about 12-14 months from when the immigration department starts asking for things - is this about right?

We had our 143 granted on 02/06/2020 and we have to enter Australia by 02/06/2021 to action the visa . You have 5 years to make the move permanent

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm in the process of applying for 143 CPV for my parents. Do I need to fill out form 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over), for the dependent applicant, my mother in this case? or it excludes the partner?

your help would be appreciated.

M

7 hours ago, Mahshid said:

Hi All,

I'm in the process of applying for 143 CPV for my parents. Do I need to fill out form 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over), for the dependent applicant, my mother in this case? or it excludes the partner?

your help would be appreciated.

M

I’m no expert but surely your mum gets a visa in her own right and is therefore not a dependent. Both your parents would be applying for a 143 visa so I cannot see why you would add her as a dependent. I am sure it means someone such as a dependent child who is over 18, at university for example.  I may be wise to contact a migrant agent for help. 

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I’m no expert but surely your mum gets a visa in her own right and is therefore not a dependent. Both your parents would be applying for a 143 visa so I cannot see why you would add her as a dependent. I am sure it means someone such as a dependent child who is over 18, at university for example.  I may be wise to contact a migrant agent for help. 

Thanks Tulip1 for the response. My understanding is one of the parents would be the main applicant and the other would be dependent. Isn't it right? 

On 25/07/2020 at 04:28, AK1 said:

Hi Linda, thanks heaps for sharing the information. I've read various posts about the timeframe for CPV 143 & I'm keen to apply for mum. What's scaring me is the ~ wait time of 8years & when I add this to her current age, she could be just under 80 at the time of visa grant.

Have you discussed the timeframe with your Mum?  It's a lot to ask an 80-year-old to uproot themselves from their home and leave everyone and everything they know.   Unless she's going to live with you and you're able to devote a lot of your time with her, I'd be worried that she'd be lonely in Australia, as it's very late in life to be trying to establish new friends. 

10 hours ago, Mahshid said:

Thanks Tulip1 for the response. My understanding is one of the parents would be the main applicant and the other would be dependent. Isn't it right? 

Sorry I don’t know the answer then.  Hopefully someone will come along to help soon. 

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Have you discussed the timeframe with your Mum?  It's a lot to ask an 80-year-old to uproot themselves from their home and leave everyone and everything they know.   Unless she's going to live with you and you're able to devote a lot of your time with her, I'd be worried that she'd be lonely in Australia, as it's very late in life to be trying to establish new friends. 

I agree and with the announcement that the numbers of parent visas allocated each year going from 7000 to 4500 I think that 8 year wait has just gone up to over 10 years. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mahshid said:

Just checking, are you aware that anyone applying now are looking at a wait time of around 10 years.

22 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I agree and with the announcement that the numbers of parent visas allocated each year going from 7000 to 4500 I think that 8 year wait has just gone up to over 10 years. 

Could be longer! It changed from 7000 to 6000 a year or so ago and in the financial year ending 30 June, only 3730 contributory Parent visas of all types (173, 143, 884, and 864) were granted and just 669 of the non contributory visas (103 & 804) . So if they only managed to grant 4399 out of 6000 how many do you think they will grant out of 4500??? 

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Just checking, are you aware that anyone applying now are looking at a wait time of around 10 years.

Yes, but there is no other option for parents if they want to have a PR. 173 seems to have a similar wait time. Unless I'm missing something. Thanks for your help!

On 15/01/2020 at 16:24, Sunny99 said:

Hi everyone! I am a newbie. 
I have a question. I applied 143 for my parents in 2016 and have submitted the supporting documents in Nov 2019. Today I called Centrelink today and was informed that the bank guarantee letter will be sent to me in two days, which is a good news. We have been waiting for so long. But Centrelink told me that I must make a bank deposit in 14 days. However I am currently in overseas and won’t be able to go back to Australia till the mid of February. I asked Centrelink for the extension. They said no and suggested me to contact the commbank. I called the bank and they said that I MUST make the bank guarantee in person. I called Centrelink so many times and didn’t have chance to talk to anyone. The line is always busy. It is frustrating. Does anyone know what will happen if I couldn’t make the deposits on time? Thank you very much. 

Hi Sunny! can I please ask if you have made one of your parents main applicant and the other dependent?