143 Contributory Parent visa

Rasel Ali

Hi everyone,

i am new in this forum.I have applied CPV 143 for my mum and my little brother on 1st of April.i haven't received any acknowledgement  yet.Just wondering when i can have an acknowledgement also when they will charge the first VAC?

Thansk

14 minutes ago, Rasel Ali said:

Hi everyone,

i am new in this forum.I have applied CPV 143 for my mum and my little brother on 1st of April.i haven't received any acknowledgement  yet.Just wondering when i can have an acknowledgement also when they will charge the first VAC?

Thansk

Shouldn’t be long, both usually within a few weeks. Did you send it signed for post? How olds your little brother? Wait times now at least 7 years so hopefully he’s still young. 

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

Shouldn’t be long, both usually within a few weeks. Did you send it signed for post? How olds your little brother? Wait times now at least 7 years so hopefully he’s still young. 

OMG I thought it would take about 5 years at the current processing rate😱

58 minutes ago, Shane2019 said:

OMG I thought it would take about 5 years at the current processing rate😱

No, people who applied in 2015 are still having a four year wait and wait times have increased as more than ever have applied since they started their journey. The current queue has about 50k in it and the annual location is 7k. Some are predicting even more then 7 years, especially if the annual allocation drops.

I applied for the 143 CPV in April 2017 at which time the wait was about 2-3 years.  I am now despairing as it seems as if there has been no movement since February of this year, when processing had reached July 2015 where it has remained.  Does anyone know why no visas have been processed since then?  Can anyone give an estimate as to when a 143 application submitted in April 2017 will be processed?  At this rate my husband and I will have died before we get to live with the children and grandchildren!

1 hour ago, HKG said:

I applied for the 143 CPV in April 2017 at which time the wait was about 2-3 years.  I am now despairing as it seems as if there has been no movement since February of this year, when processing had reached July 2015 where it has remained.  Does anyone know why no visas have been processed since then?  Can anyone give an estimate as to when a 143 application submitted in April 2017 will be processed?  At this rate my husband and I will have died before we get to live with the children and grandchildren!

It’s impossible to know as they keep lowering the annual allocation of visas. If nothing changes I think you will be looking at another 3 to 4 years. 

19 hours ago, HKG said:

Can anyone give an estimate as to when a 143 application submitted in April 2017 will be processed? 

I don’t’ think anyone can definitively answer this question, but this is a good forum to find information and make the best 'guess' with what little data you can find.

Here some info that might help.

The Australian visa year starts on the 1st of July each year and IMMI (Home Affairs) publishes an annual report around November. This tells us how many applicants are queuing in each main parent visa stream.

In our Contributory Parent category there was 48,595 applicants as of 30th June 2018 and there was 6,015 visas granted that year. And it’s my assumption this will have now increased to over 50,000 with the planning levels reduced for 2019-20. So for anyone applying now (if nothing changes) it will take around 10 years to be processed.

IMMI is currently processing up to July 2015 and the queue has been moving about 4 months forward each year. So if this stays the same, you will have 4 years still to wait. But there is some speculation that processing has slowed recently due to problems at Centrelink and if this gets fixed, processing may speed up.

I think if I were you, I would expect you to wait another 3 years. But it’s best not to plan to too far in advance as anything can happen, especially with an election looming.

• Like 1

Hi Guys ,Thanks for responding,yeah i have send as a registered post on 4/4,its nearly a month and they haven't still deduct the first VAC,and tulip yeah my little brother is on his 16.So by the time the get approve i believe he will be 20/21.Wonder then does he also need to pay second VAC?

Yes all new applications start again unfortunately. You will be advised on the application form that you need to cancel one visa before starting another. The only one I know of where you keep your original date is if changing from 103 non contributory parent visa to 143. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask that I have applied 173 parent contributory for my father and sister last year, as my sister is studying full time and totally depend on my father, what evidence we need to keep handy to show that she is rely on my father.

8 hours ago, Raju89 said:

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask that I have applied 173 parent contributory for my father and sister last year, as my sister is studying full time and totally depend on my father, what evidence we need to keep handy to show that she is rely on my father.

It will be sometime until you’re asked to provide evidence. I’d wait until then and at that time can show she is still in full time education etc

On 24/04/2019 at 22:15, Rasel Ali said:

Hi everyone,

Thansk

Hi Rasel,

have you got the acknowledgment email from them yet?

i sent my application on the 6th June. Paid for express postage and signature required. Unfortunately I lost the post receipt and tracking number. Dont know if the application got there. 

I rang to the immi office asked  on the 24th and the lady said they haven’t received (which is weird as it shouldn’t take that long as I posted from Melbourne). So worries as they say the application need to be lodged within 30 days since the payment made.

I check the pre payment online and the status is credit. Does it mean they haven’t charged  the fee? If they receive the application, will the status of payment change?

thank you

On 30/04/2019 at 21:48, Rasel Ali said:

Hi Guys ,Thanks for responding,yeah i have send as a registered post on 4/4,its nearly a month and they haven't still deduct the first VAC,and tulip yeah my little brother is on his 16.So by the time the get approve i believe he will be 20/21.Wonder then does he also need to pay second VAC?

My friend sponsored her mom and her younger sister while the sister was under 18 in 2014. She didn’t need to pay second VAC (requested last month) for her sister even the sister is 22 this year. Only for her mom 

On 26/06/2019 at 19:50, Mayh said:

My friend sponsored her mom and her younger sister while the sister was under 18 in 2014. She didn’t need to pay second VAC (requested last month) for her sister even the sister is 22 this year. Only for her mom 

Hi everyone,

can you please advise as secondary applicant age limit is 23 years when application lodge,,,So it mean applicant (sibling) has to be under 23 when application lodged or when they ask second VAC ? So confused as my sister is under 23 while file lodged but she’ll be over 23 later as file takes while to process.

any suggestions would be appreciated 

9 hours ago, Raju89 said:

Hi everyone,

can you please advise as secondary applicant age limit is 23 years when application lodge,,,So it mean applicant (sibling) has to be under 23 when application lodged or when they ask second VAC ? So confused as my sister is under 23 while file lodged but she’ll be over 23 later as file takes while to process.

any suggestions would be appreciated 

Have to be under 23 at the end when case officer okays the visa and requests second  VAC. If she’s over 23 at that stage she will not get a visa 

Hello members, for those of you on CPV 143, how to check the updates of the queue? Can we use the ack no they have provided? Can we call up anyone on this? My parents are getting older and leaving them alone is adding to their health burdens. Please advice.

All you can do is send a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

This will only show  the months they are currently dealing with. You can never find out about your individual application. 

Be aware that wait times are getting longer and longer. All applicants must also pass a medical before a visa is granted and as parents get older they are more likely to have problems which may impact on the decision as to whether to grant a visa or not. Also if one parent fails the medical both fail. 

When did you apply? 

29 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

All you can do is send a blank email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

This will only show  the months they are currently dealing with. You can never find out about your individual application. 

Be aware that wait times are getting longer and longer. All applicants must also pass a medical before a visa is granted and as parents get older they are more likely to have problems which may impact on the decision as to whether to grant a visa or not. Also if one parent fails the medical both fail. 

When did you apply? 

In Dec 2018. I'm sad, this is taking a toll on their health and mine too. My father passed away, now it's only my mother she has health issues is depressed on the loss of a partner and not caring for her health with the required medication. I'm unable to leave my job and attend to her, and this is driving me crazy. I'm really concerned about her health, is it possilble to make an appeal or move her to a diff visa as such. 

There’s  no appeal process unfortunately. All of us here are in the same boat just waiting. I’ve also been widowed and for my June 17 application I’m guessing about another 3-4 years yet! 

Her health problems need addressing as she will have to pass that medical! Any new visa will start the queue again and she would lose her place in the 143 queue and also the first vac charge will not be refunded. 

51 minutes ago, minisb23 said:

In Dec 2018. I'm sad, this is taking a toll on their health and mine too. My father passed away, now it's only my mother she has health issues is depressed on the loss of a partner and not caring for her health with the required medication. I'm unable to leave my job and attend to her, and this is driving me crazy. I'm really concerned about her health, is it possilble to make an appeal or move her to a diff visa as such. 

No appeal I’m afraid, it’s a queue and it has  to be fair. Wouldn’t be right any other way. Sadly you’re looking at about another six years I’d say 

Hi all,

I am thinking of starting the long, long process of applying for a 143 CPV with the full knowledge that it might be in excess of 6 years by the time I reach the top of the queue! For planning purposes,  I was wondering how long do you get from when the CPV is granted to actually take up residence in Australia(as this will mean me selling my house in the UK when the time comes). From looking at some of the previous posts, it looks like about 12-14 months from when the immigration department starts asking for things - is this about right?