8 months until I become 33 years old

Hi,

I have started applying for visa 189, 

32 years old can provides you 30 points, 

after 8 months I will become 33 years old.

if I apply now, and for some reason it took time to approve it like one year, will this be considered on 32 years, or 33 years?

thank you. 

34 minutes ago, Lavers said:

I only ask because I'm not sure if people on 70points are getting invited or not.

Also the points are changing in November so you may get more points then.

At the moment the minimum is 80. The is mainly due to the quotas for this year being nearly full. In July they reset so people with 70 might be start to be invited again.

I'm no expert, but as this hasn't been addressed I'll give you my thoughts.

If you turn 33 whilst waiting for an invitation I think your points will be reduced.
I was looking at this recently and (to paraphrase) if an applicant submits an EOI aged 45, they will not be invited to apply for a visa after they turn 46, as they will no longer meet the visa requirements. So in turn if you have 30 points for age on your EOI, this might not stand if you are invited after your 33rd birthday.
I don't know if you would have to submit a new EOI in this instance, but I'm sure someone else will be along to help soon.

31 minutes ago, GiveAGirlShoes said:

I'm no expert, but as this hasn't been addressed I'll give you my thoughts.

If you turn 33 whilst waiting for an invitation I think your points will be reduced.
I was looking at this recently and (to paraphrase) if an applicant submits an EOI aged 45, they will not be invited to apply for a visa after they turn 46, as they will no longer meet the visa requirements. So in turn if you have 30 points for age on your EOI, this might not stand if you are invited after your 33rd birthday.
I don't know if you would have to submit a new EOI in this instance, but I'm sure someone else will be along to help soon.

Almost, it's the day they turn 45 that they lose access, you need to be under 45 at the point of invite to apply or it's game over.

Same is true for the other age cut-offs but it's slightly less "dramatic" at the others as it just means your points are not as high but you aren't barred from applying due to age

In all cases the points claimed by age adjust automatically based on the actual date so no need for a new EOI

Edited by Ausvisitor
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lavers said:

Just couldn't remember if anyone was getting invited with 70points last July.

It all seemed to be higher since they upped the points to 65

It might be worth trying for a 190 from the state you want to live in. 

We started the process in mid Feb, PTE full marks mid march, positive VetAssess 4th April, submit EOI on April 8th with 65 points.

Invite from NSW received 13th April, returned next day and waiting for them to come back now

The 190 option seems to be pretty quick.

Your age is locked after your get the invite. So if you don't get an invite in 8 months, you'll lose points. ISCAH is currently predicting 70 point non-pro-rata applicants will be waiting over 12 months. Pro-rata has no chance.

190 will depend on occupation.

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

It might be worth trying for a 190 from the state you want to live in. 

We started the process in mid Feb, PTE full marks mid march, positive VetAssess 4th April, submit EOI on April 8th with 65 points.

Invite from NSW received 13th April, returned next day and waiting for them to come back now

The 190 option seems to be pretty quick.

How come you are waiting for NSW to come back to you.

When they accept your EOI do you not just apply for your visa? 

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

i believe when you go for the 190 visa youhave to submit 2 applications. 1 to the state which will check if what you claimed in your EOI matches with what they are willing to sponsor. at this point theycan approve or reject you. if approved you then get an invitation vallid for 60 days  to apply for the Visa through IMMI. 

39 minutes ago, Rasrad said:

i believe when you go for the 190 visa youhave to submit 2 applications. 1 to the state which will check if what you claimed in your EOI matches with what they are willing to sponsor. at this point theycan approve or reject you. if approved you then get an invitation vallid for 60 days  to apply for the Visa through IMMI. 

That's ok then.. I submitted an EOI through SA and skillselect which got approved 4 wks ago. 

I thought I had missed something then.

4 hours ago, Lavers said:

Every State has different procedure. NSW for example invites you first, then you have to send in your application with $300 fee to them. once they approve you get the invitation from DHA

On 24/04/2019 at 23:36, sam2987 said:

I applied for my 189 Visa and received an invitation within 5 weeks! I have 75 points.

My medicals and police check was completed last week, so just waiting now!

I put my EOI in Jan, so everything is happening pretty quick for me!

Hi, just wondering what your occupation is? 

• Like 1