Australian based agent for free consultation?

rosyhorizon

Hi,

Can anyone please recommend an Australian based migration agent who I could speak to for a free initial consultation before we start to gather everything necessary for our partner visa please?  Although we can do some of the details ourselves I'm thinking that by going with an agent for some part it may alleviate some of the stress!! 

I am not sure if there are different levels of fee paying too - but am on somewhat of a budget so if there is anyone out there that doesn't cost the earth for the process too would be great, although I know its money well spent 🙂 

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I searched around for a while before settling on an agent to use for our partner visa application this year. Mainly for the reason you’re wanting one, to alleviate the stress. It felt like the right choice for us as even though the visa itself is really expensive plus the agent cost the alternative of being rejected for something simple we missed and having to pay more for an appeal was worse. The cost for the agent was an investment as we saw it. 

I’m unsure of any agents that do free consultations but I would be wary of any that charge significantly less than others out there. Definitely use registered agent and do your research about the agent you use before hand. 

Is there something in particular you’re wanting to ask the agent?

Good luck in your application! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you - sorry I haven't been here for a while as life took over!

My main agent questions are - 

1) If applying for the partner visa from OUTSIDE Australia, does that stop the applicant from being able to travel to Australia while the partner one is being processed?

Her current tourist visa (that allows her to stay for 3 months as many times as she likes in a 12 month period) expires end of Oct but she is wanting to come back here in November. (Meaning a new evisitor tourist visa would have to be applied for while the partner one had been submitted... Is that possible? She still wants to be able to spend 3 months here at a time and then leave and re enter, as you can on the evisitor.

2) If applying for partner visa from INSIDE Australia, while the applicant holds a current tourist visa - does that mean that the applicant can come and go as much as they like , as a tourist, until that visa expires, AND THEN  when it does expire - as long as the applicant is in Australia - they are then given a bridging visa? (Because they applied for the partner one while IN Australia so would qualify for a bridging visa)?

3) . I haven't heard anything more about the sponsor part having to be completed before the partner visa is applied for? I need to do that but I'm unsure whether to get it done now or if it still possible to submit with the partner application later on.

Thanks 🙂 

45 minutes ago, rosyhorizon said:

Thank you - sorry I haven't been here for a while as life took over!

My main agent questions are - 

1) If applying for the partner visa from OUTSIDE Australia, does that stop the applicant from being able to travel to Australia while the partner one is being processed?

Her current tourist visa (that allows her to stay for 3 months as many times as she likes in a 12 month period) expires end of Oct but she is wanting to come back here in November. (Meaning a new evisitor tourist visa would have to be applied for while the partner one had been submitted... Is that possible? She still wants to be able to spend 3 months here at a time and then leave and re enter, as you can on the evisitor.

2) If applying for partner visa from INSIDE Australia, while the applicant holds a current tourist visa - does that mean that the applicant can come and go as much as they like , as a tourist, until that visa expires, AND THEN  when it does expire - as long as the applicant is in Australia - they are then given a bridging visa? (Because they applied for the partner one while IN Australia so would qualify for a bridging visa)?

3) . I haven't heard anything more about the sponsor part having to be completed before the partner visa is applied for? I need to do that but I'm unsure whether to get it done now or if it still possible to submit with the partner application later on.

If she applies for a partner visa from OUTSIDE Australia, then she can still get tourist visas to come and go while she's waiting.  She might get scrutinised more at Immigration to make sure she's intending to leave again. 

If she applies for a visa from INSIDE Australia, she'll get a bridging visa BUT then she'll be stuck in Australia.  Every time she wants to leave the country, she'll have to apply for a BVB, and she'll have to give a specific justification for each trip (e.g. a wedding, business, funeral - it's not enough to fancy a trip home).   Note also that if she applies in Australia, the waiting time is significantly longer than if she applies outside Australia.  

Most reputable agents will give you a free consultation - try any of the agents on this forum like Westly Russell or Raul Senise.  They'll give you a quote before you decide to engage them, too.

I think that whole pre-approved sponsor thing has been put on  hold but the agent will advise.  

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rosyhorizon said:

U.S. citizen, not UK. (I'm from the UK - but now an Australian citizen).

OK - thanks.

You are very welcome to send a private message to me if you would like to have a freebie chat.

It might be worthwhile doing likewise with the other registered migration agents mentioned above.

Best regards.