457 Visa, left Aus in Jan 19, how long for Immi to cancel?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been in the same boat or knows any information to shed any light on our situation.

Me and my partner were on a 457, his job ended December 2018 and we returned to the UK a at the end of January this year (within the period allowed).

We would like to claim super, but know we have to wait for the 457 to be cancelled first (ATO state must not have a valid visa to apply for DASP) except our visa is still showing valid on VEVO, despite the 60 day stay limit already elapsing in February this year.

We understand you can write to Immi and request to cancel the visa yourself, however have been advised it will cause any future applications for temporary visas in the next 3 years to Australia to possibly be declined. We are considering going back and do not want to take this route just in case we do. We were then advised by Immi just to wait for them to cancel it automatically, but were told it could take some time for them to get around to.

Has anyone else been in this situation/ know anyone that has? I can’t find anything online but would be great to find out how long others have been waiting for automatic cancellation/ if anyone has any idea of timelines. We really want to claim DASP as the cash would really help right now 😁

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thank you

8 hours ago, palmtrees said:

Hi thanks for the reply, as mentioned we already check VEVO and it’s still effective 😞 thanks anyway, fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

Sasha

Just contact Immigration and tell them the job has ended so you need the visa to be cancelled. Just waiting for them could take months. No reason for it to affect any future visa.